“Authentic Polish food”

The Singing Rooster
Ranked #4 of 196 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Polish Cafe & Restaurant. Lunches and evening dinners. Homemade traditional Polish cusine. Delicious homemade desserts.
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is an absolute gem. Really beautiful place with amazing tasting food. The portions are hearty and the staff really lovely.
Great experience!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We took the family for dinner and had wonderful food, lovely service and a fantastic evening, topped off with the best Pavlova Cake I have ever had (made in advance on request), nothing was too much trouble and absolutely made our 70th birthdays. 8 of us tried different parts of the menu, nothing disappointed, the pork and chicken schnitzels were wonderful - beetroot carpaccio was gorgeous, we all had to try each other's food as it just looked so nice. Fantastic evening

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I took my Mum for lunch here today. The only person working in the restaurant today was the most antisocial person I've met in a long time. The place was empty but he obviously didn't want to small talk with my 83 year old mother. She'd never been in there before and was asking him about the place, he barely responded to her and she was a little confused by his lack of hospitality. Food was mediocre, coffee was served tepid so we won't be going back. Yes, we could/should have complained but it would have been a waste of time. I'm envious that others seem to have had a far better experience in there than we did.

1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We visit here as often as possible. All the staff are always so welcoming and really make us feel at home. The restaurant is always immaculate and beautifully decorated. We usually alternate our favourite dishes, I love the Golabki and the roast pork, it's so tender. The side salads are so tasty and the perfect accompaniment. Portion sizes are generous so I can't always fit a dessert in but it's hard not to when the coffee Pavlova is available. Yummy! Will be visiting again this weekend for my birthday. Excited!!

1  Thank Jo S
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We needed an early evening meal before going to hear Chantel McGregor sing at the Acorn Theatre. James and I were given the warmest of welcomes. The restaurant is full of character, very quaint. We both had the Traditional Bigos with sauerkraut (Polish hunter’s stew, a dish of finely chopped meat and smoked sausage stewed with sauerkraut). It was perfectly cooked, full of flavour and served with mashed potatoes and a shredded cabbage, side dish, flavoured with dill. When my plate arrived I thought I would never eat it all but it was sooooo delicious that I ate everything. James had a dessert equally delicious, I was too full. Thank you both for a lovely evening meal.
It is not licensed so you need to be aware that if you want an alcoholic drink you need to take your own, we enjoyed a non-alcoholic beer.

Date of visit: August 2018