“Best curry I have ever had”

The Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in Penzance
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We visited here whilst on holiday. I had butter chicken with rice and naan. It was honestly the best curry that I have ever had from a restaurant. The staff were friendly too. The naan was wonderful and so was the rice. Cobra beer on tap too. I live nearly 4 hours away so cannot easily come back, however I wish this was on my doorstep. Would love to go again.

6  Thank hbwold

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I like my curries reasonably hot, and the ones labelled hot are right for me - especially the sherpa ones. The environment is comfortable, although sometimes a bit cramped when the restaurant is full. The staff are friendly and they don't mind you making a meal up with side dishes, which is good for vegetarians.

5  Thank HJ R
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Cornwall every year for the past 10 years abd always visit this restaurant as it has always been so good, however apart from the nan breads which were amazing, it was disappointing. Couldn't put my finger on it but the rice and chicken tasted strange? Not sure whether we will go back next year. Will keep an eye on the reviews

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I love a curry and found this gem whilst staying in Penzance. The food is of an amazing quality. Great menu with lots of dishes not found on your standard curry house menu. If you enjoy Indian food, I strong recommend this place!

4  Thank Liznorthcote
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This, I believe, is the best Indian restaurant in Penzance and for quite some miles. Great food, always good, friendly service, take away also really good and good for GF- they know their food and what’s ok and what isn’t. Delicious food. Only slight downside is that the restaurant is quite small and as it’s often busy, can be noisy.

4  Thank louisecE8578US