“Genuine Cornish Pub, plus some”
Review of The Navy Inn

The Navy Inn
Ranked #29 of 194 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A great ambience and great food.
Highly recommend.
Good service.
Limited, but excellent local food choices, well presented and above average quality.
I recommend the Steak and Ale Pie.

1  Thank Keith C

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Tucked away a little from the seafront, this is well worth finding for food. We were not expecting much as it’s a small pub with a limited menu but the seafood linguine was excellent with a hint of chilli. All of our meals were excellent and the staff were friendly and efficient. It’s well worth finding and it’s advisable to book if you can

1  Thank LargelyMonk
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

This little pub/restaurant has just reopened and is very good indeed smallish menu which is good as everything is fresh lovely friendly staff and great atmosphere.
Give it a go you’ll love it.

1  Thank geoffmay
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We ate here recently whilst on holiday. The food was good pub grub and very fresh. the beers were good too as was the atmosphere although a little dark. Would be happy to go back.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I came across this little pub during a walk along the Penzance seafront. Tucked down a side-street, through its window I spotted the menu with my favourite Italian meal – seafood linguine! So, I immediately booked for 8.00 p.m. that evening I arrived at 7.50 and was seated in the corner of the cosy bar. I ordered immediately, then refreshed with a half of local beer, I waited in anticipation of my meal. Fifty minutes later it arrived, bearing little resemblance to its description on the menu, which said it would have ‘a rich tomato sauce with just a hint of chilli’. My sauce was a thin, watery, pale pink affair lacking any seasoning – except the chilli – which was there in abundance, so much so that my lips were still burning when I left the restaurant. Unsurprisingly, I left no tip, and refused to pay for my beer and a small glass of wine, which I felt was some small compensation for a meal that really didn’t meet the menu’s promise.