“Good day out”
Review of Newquay Zoo

Newquay Zoo
Ranked #20 of 66 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in lush sub-tropical gardens, Newquay Zoo is home to more than 1,000 of the world's rare and exciting creatures. Just a short walk from Newquay's town centre and world famous surfing beaches, the Zoo is both one of Cornwall's most exciting visitor attractions and a leading conservation charity. It's the only place in Cornwall where you can see lions devour their lunch before taking a leisurely stroll through a tropical rainforest, surrounded by free flying birds. Keeper talks and animal feeds take place throughout the day but if you fancy an even closer animal encounter we offer visitors the chance to meet and feed our cheeky lemurs, friendly penguins and impossibly cute meerkats! See wildebeest, waterbuck, nyala antelope and zebra roaming in our African Savannah and enjoy some familiar faces in The Village Farm - one of our most popular exhibits which includes many children's favourites such as pot-bellied pigs, African pygmy goats, turkeys and striped squirrels. And if all that isn't enough to keep the kids amused, we also have activity trails, face painting, a children's play area, dragon maze...and much more. Besides enjoying a great family day out, when you visit Newquay Zoo you'll also be supporting our vital education, research and conservation work, all designed to protect endangered animals from extinction. We're playing a key role in the international effort to save animals through conservation breeding.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We'll worth a visit. Ticket gives you entry to the zoo for a full week.
Well set out zoo and good amenities, e.g. cafe, shop, toilets.

1  Thank brainyAyrshire
Katherine S, Manager at Newquay Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Morning
thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. its very much appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your day with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Newquay Zoo in the future
The NZ Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2 280)
All reviews
"staff were friendly"
in 23 reviews

27 - 31 of 2 280 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Impressed is an understatement! My first visit yesterday and can’t wait for the next. Can’t believe such a gem is right on our doorstep, literally. Lovely and clean, happy and entertaining animals, well signposted, knowledgeable staff (especially the young lady who looks after the meerkats and whose name I sadly can’t remember). Would highly recommend

Good Morning
thank you for leaving us such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your day here at the zoo and we look forward to welcoming you back to Newquay Zoo in the future. If you do live locally you may be interested in our Annual Pass which for one yearly payment gives you unlimited admission to the zoo. We also offer a three site Annual Pass which also gives admission to our sister sites Paignton Zoo and Living Coasts. Please contact us if this could be of interest to you.
Many thanks again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Zoo was clean and tidy but a little expensive for the size of this zoo.

We took a slow stroll around and was still done within 2 hours.

Having said that we had a lovely time and was happy we went.

Good Morning
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. The zoo covers a total of 13 acres which houses over 130 different species of animals. Thank you again for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Now that I am grown up and in my 60s I thought I'd hate a visit to a zoo, especially one in Newquay I'd barely heard of. I've been to zoos many times especially when younger. Oh, it's a lion. Zzzzz. If you've seen one lion, you've seen them all.

But no. I was wrong. Newquay Zoo is a fantastic experience. The kids we were with (it
was an extended family kind of day out) loved it and so did I. Yes there are lions, and they were impressive. Just bigger versions of my cat. Who is also impressive. But there were tiny things too, insects, snakes, tiny multicoloured frogs, birds. And meerkats! We were sternly warned that meerkats do not make good pets!

I don't have time to describe everything that entranced me, just rest assured that if you are in Newquay on holiday and need to keep your kids happy with a non-beach experience, a visit to this lovely zoo is just the ticket.

Good Morning

Thank you so much for leaving us such a lovely review!. We love to obtain feedback from our visitors and to hear that you had such a great experience has made our day.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Newquay zoo in the near future.