“"MEH"”

Daves Diner
Ranked #48 of 90 Restaurants in Looe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: We are as proud of our family history as we are of our amazing fish and chips. We love talking to our customers who have been visiting Dave's Diner year after year and reminisce about the old days. We love Looe and love being a part of people's holidays, so stop by next time you visit Looe, we'd love to see you.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The food in this place is ok but let down by the horrendous staff that are there they are rude & didnt make us feel like we wanted to spend any money there.
Maybe the staff need to take a lesson in people skills

1  Thank Curlymonster20

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Thank you Dave’s Diner. On holiday I had to pay another visit. I really fancied plaice but find that it can be too large for my appetite. I asked if they had a small one and I didn’t mind paying the full price. They did have a small one and only charged me for a kids meal. It was lovely and so so fresh. Excellent fish and chip place

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Visited on last week, food was bland and that's being generous.

Service was poor, overpriced cheap food, not as fresh as you'd think. The batter was soggy and chips tasted like they'd been cooked numerous times. Partner had a crab sandwich, wish she didn't bother, tasted vile she only had a mouthful.

Just don't waste your time, go to the catch instead, only a few yards longer walk. Much fresher and tasty.

The best part of Daves Diner was walking out.

Shame I can't give 0 stars.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

It was a great for us as it was wheelchair accessible and gluten free batter was available - I can’t remember the last time I was able to eat battered cod so that meant a lot to me. The staff were super friendly and helpful - happy to recommend.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

My husband and I found this little place as we walked around the Quay. We have been to Looe many times but have somehow never noticed this diner. The seating reminds me of being in a train carriage as the booths are in a long line. The waitress was friendly and welcoming and we were quickly seated and our order was taken.
We each ordered freshly caught cod and chips. We did not have a long wait as there were a few staff covering the tables and takeaway customers and they all seemed to be very efficient at their job. Our food arrived piping hot and smelling delicious. The cod and chips with mushy peas were so good! We will definitely be back ! Oh and they serve a lovely cuppa too!

Date of visit: May 2018