“Friendly Traditional Pub”

Ranked #40 of 262 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub with locally sourced, high quality food. Casual dining; order from bar but then waiter service. Eat in our dining area, bar, al fresco on the patio or on our covered balcony, enjoying the exceptional views for which we are renowned.
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I just went in for a drink, staff were friendly, a good range of well kept beer too. Scenic views over the River Fal.

1  Thank AndrewSheff64

Thanks for the visit Andrew. Cheers

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

It's well worth the short walk away from the high street and jettys up a little hill to find this pub. Listed in the good beer guide with superb views over the estuary. Dining as well if you're interested.

Hi Mick,
Thanks for the kind words and mention of the Good Beer Guide that we've been proud to secure a place in for many years in a row.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Without a doubt the falafel burger I had here was the best vegetarian burger I have ever eaten. Also, as someone who suffers from lactose intolerance, mussels are usually not an option for me, due to being cooked in cream, however here they had a cider and bacon option! Winning! They were great at helping me navigate the menu with my dietary requirements and the ale served was delicious too (can't go wrong with Skinners). On top of that the staff were helpful, friendly and the view was lovely! We had a faultless evening. Thank you!

(Took the pic after I had eaten quite a few of the tasty chips, hence the space on the plate!)

1  Thank PickleThePixie

Hi,
What a lovely review, thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We picked this place for Sunday lunch with no prior knowledge as it was well priced and had vegetarian and gluten free options for one of our party. I must say the 6 of us had a very hearty meal. Choice of four roasts. The atmosphere was cheery and informal and appeared to emanate, at least in part, from the ebullience of landlord. The staff seemed well engaged in what they were doing and exuded a seemingly genuine enthusiasm for what they were serving. They also took time and to talk to guests when conversation was initiated but were never intrusive or overbearing. The beers and ciders were well presented. I was particularly enamoured of a rum cocktail that is a house specialty made with local Cornish spiced rum. In fact much of the produce on offer - both food and drink - was locally sourced. I applaud the management’s decision to do away with straws altogether for environmental reasons. If you want a straw bring your own. Despite these environmental concerns this was no trendy hipster bar; this is a real pub with a traditional feel to it albeit infused with the kind of breeziness that is so characteristic of Falmouth as a place. I imagine that if I lived in Falmouth The Boathouse would become my local. Thoroughly recommend this for good pub dining and atmosphere.

1  Thank BoardingPass815189
ambrose67, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Yes Sir thank you so much for your detailed observations,we all indeed love Sundays,its US at our best and the pub model was never really broken it just needed polishing and we treat everyone the same!!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We visited the Boathouse for a family reunion lunch and we weren't disappointed. The food was second to none - the kids went for steak and, the adults for the freshly caught fish - everything was cooked to perfection. The staff were very friendly and obliging and, the landlord very entertaining as he told us about some of the background and history of the establishment. The whole place had a very relaxed, warm and welcoming atmosphere - I wish we lived closer and wouldn't hesitate to visit again when we're next in Falmouth. Also worth noting that there is some free parking on some of the streets nearby.

1  Thank 718nigelp

Hi,
Thank you very much for the visit and writing such kind words, we were all delighted!
Also thanks for pointing out there is lots of on-street free parking around us, plus we are a 5 minute stroll from the 'Quarry Car-park', which has amazing views along the way!