“Perfect stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jaks67
Preston, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 28 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Perfect little cottage in a perfect location. This lovely cottage is ideally situated in the centre of Chester. Everything is in walking distance. Rod was extremely helpful and obliging for our request to check-in early, providing parking permits and the welcome pack of tea, coffee, milk, fruit and a lovely bottle of fizz. Would definitely recommend and return.

6 Apr 2017
Thanks for your kind review Jackie it really was my pleasure to host you all. I'm so pleased you enjoyed Chester and all it has to offer.

Toothpick...
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Doesn't disappoint”
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Second stay in Gamel Place and still as fab as we remembered. Once again Rod made sure everything was ready for our arrival; little touches like fresh fruit, milk, chocolates and of course Prosecco make all the difference. Since our last visit Rod has installed a BT you view box and we were glad this gave us access to Netflix. Still amazed on St. Patrick's day that we could walk past a nearby pub full of revellers and not hear a peep once we entered the courtyard. We're already planning our next trip, so pleased we've found a comfy place to stay when we visit our daughter who is in Chester University.

24 Mar 2017
Thanks for your kind review it was my pleasure to welcome you back to the cottage. I'm pleased you found the Netflix etc. on the TV. Yes isn’t it amazing to be so central without any of the noise!

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

T2371MHan...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Perfect bolt hole for Chester city”
Reviewed 15 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Just had a delightful weekend in Chester and the location of this house was perfect right in the city walls, minutes form shops and restaurants.
The house was well proportioned, clean and cosy. Would def stay again.
One little note the TV reception was not good with only getting BBC and a couple of others, with this in mind it would have been good to have a DVD player option.
But a little gem nonetheless.

16 Mar 2017
Thanks for your kind review about the cottage and its location. I wish you'd had let me know you were having problems working the TV. The instructions on the card next to the remote show how you can access hundreds of free channels together with the Netflix account I've set-up for the cottage, Catch Up TV, Sport, Movies on demand etc. etc. All provided via BT TV.

PetandRic...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great cottage in good location”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My wife and I stayed in this charming cottage for a long weekend. It was very clean and cozy. It is located within the city wall and is close to all amenities in very quiet courtyard. Rod was very accommodating and organized parking permits which made things easy to leave the car untouched all weekend !. Chester has a lot to offer with many good restaurants. Worth a trip.

Date of stay: February 2017
14 Mar 2017
Thanks for your kind review Richard. I hope to welcome you again some time
Amelia198
“Fantastic Place to Stay”
Reviewed 7 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Rod's place. The cottage is absolutely gorgeous; spotlessly clean, super comfortable, beautifully decorated, very well-equipped & ideally located in the heart of Chester. Despite the wonderfully central location, the cottage has a nice, quiet, tucked away feel to it & a genuine sense of privacy & peace. I found it a wonderful place to relax & a perfect base from which to explore the beautiful & fascinating city. Ultra convenient for pubs & night life too.

Rod is an excellent host & went absolutely all out to make my stay a very comfortable & pleasant one. I had to make some last minute changes to my travel arrangements & Rod was not only accommodating but extremely helpful in sorting out the muddle I was in. Communication was excellent throughout the booking process & the entire stay, & check-in & check-out were a breeze.
Overall, this was a brilliant holiday experience & I would highly recommend Rod's place. I hope to stay there again some time. Absolutely first class.

Date of stay: January 2017
7 Feb 2017
Thanks for your lovely review Amelia - I look forward to welcoming you back in June.

Rod
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.