“Outdid yourselves”

Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chez Jules is a bustling French restaurant, full of character, located in the heart of Chester. Set in Chester's old Fire Station, Chez Jules is a warm, welcoming and friendly restaurant in beautiful surroundings. Serving the very best in fresh food, using only the finest ingredients, you couldn't ask for a better venue. Soon after opening in 1997, Chez Jules quickly gained an enviable reputation as one of the busiest, most exciting and consistent restaurants in Chester! Chez Jules menus change every day to ensure we are consistently producing the finest, most imaginative fresh food at very reasonable prices. We look forward to welcoming you soon...
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely everything about this visit was perfection. The ease of booking (and shocking to myself due to experience) the restaurant staff had actually read my special requests information. Superb service. Superb food.
I had the snails, which I thoroughly recommend, even if the are slippery little suckers. Followed by the sea bass. The sea bass was perfectly cooked and the dauphinois potato was amazing. My friend almost had a ‘when harry met Sally’ moment. Staff were very friendly and I’ll definitely be going back. Love a quality independent in a town full of same old, same old chains.

Alice W, Manager at Chez Jules, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bonjour Lucy! We'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your visit! We're glad your experience beat your expectations. We're so grateful for our lovely customers choosing to dine at our independent restaurant and who have kept us going for the last 21 years! :) We hope we can welcome you back very soon and thanks once again for such a fabulous review!

Kind regards,

Alice

Write a ReviewReviews (1 641)

13 - 17 of 1 641 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the moment we entered this restaurant we felt welcomed. We were meeting friends here who had booked for us! We were a bit early but shown to our table and given a jug of ice cold water which was very much appreciated as it was a warm day.
We were given our menus but not rushed to order while we awaited our friends. The staff were chatty and friendly. When our friends arrived we ordered our drinks which were brought to us while we awaited our food! We were all delighted with the food we ordered, each of us chose something different. All food was well presented and delicious. We will definitely visit this restaurant next time we are in Chester. Thank you for a very pleasant relaxing delicious afternoon,

Alice W, Manager at Chez Jules, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Merci Beaucoup Iris! Thank you for joining us on your recent visit to Chester. We love that your experience with us was a success and we're so grateful that our lovely customers take the time to leave us such positive comments regarding their experiences. We hope to see you again very soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I ate here on the recommendation of Maison Claire, the atmosphere was great for an evening out and the staff very helpful and friendly. THE FOOD was AMAZING. I cannot remember the last time I ate food with so much taste, everything cooked perfectly and the presentation was very good. Give it a try you will not be dissappointed

Alice W, Manager at Chez Jules, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bonjour Glynis, thank you for your recent visit! We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent meal with us and we'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We hope you'll pop by again next time you're in Chester! :)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I have a monthly catch up and a nice meal and this was this month’s choice. I’d not been in ages, but I’ve never had a bad meal there. We had the early dining menu and everything was great. It’s nice to get a side of veg that’s so tasty. We actually ordered a second and polished them off. It was a bit quiet in there, but that’s what you get at 6pm mid week I suppose. It’s usually heaving at the weekend.

Alice W, Manager at Chez Jules, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Merci beaucoup Emma! Thanks for choosing us for your monthly catch up! We're pleased that you approve of our tasty veg pan(s) and we hope that you'll think to come and re-visit us again next time you're in Chester! Kind regards, Alice

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another delicious lunch at Chez Joules. Fantastic food, service and French ambience - this is our fourth visit over the last few months and it just gets better every time. We can recommend the Prix Fixe options as there is usually a great choice to suit all tastes. Staff are all lovely and dining here has become one of our favourite treats.

Alice W, Manager at Chez Jules, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Bonjour Elaine! Thank you for your comments Elaine! We're delighted to read that your meals with us over the past months have been enjoyable! We hope that your next meal will match your previous experiences and we're looking forward to welcoming you back very soon! kind regards, Alice