“Father’s a Day”
Review of Chef's Table

Chef's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 588 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my husband for his first Father’s Day, food was amazing as always.

Thank you very much for making it an enjoyable afternoon

Write a ReviewReviews (1 171)

12 - 16 of 1 171 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a tricky review, because as I don't want to seem overly harsh on a restaurant that is doing many things well. But the amuse bouche served before our starters and mains indicated a level of skill and finesse that wasn't apparent on the rest of the meal.

What we had was pretty good, we chose 2 appetisers to share, lambs sweetbread, chicken wings then duck breast with sides and steak and fries. And it was decent, but honestly, it was gastropub level nothing more. However, the service was exemplary, the restaurant itself very pleasant, you won't regret booking here.

But I think they could push themselves further. I worry that the chef that produced such a superb amuse bouche is too worried about pleasing the local palate to deliver on that promise. I realise this review is somewhat damning with faint praise, but if the restaurant does read reviews, I'm really aiming these comments at them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Second visit since the refurbishment.
Food was delicious, service was efficient and friendly.
Vegetarian/ Vegan choices are excellent and prices including wine list are very reasonable.
A restaurant for foodies !!!!
Short stay car parking in Chester just got cheaper so access is easy - we parked under the market....
Recommend without hesitation a firm favourite !

1  Thank JohnMalpas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have tried a few times to book a table without success, but we managed for Sunday last celebrating my friends big birthday. Well worth the wait, the meal was excellent, we all enjoyed three courses! The menu was just right enough choice without being overwhelming. Fab fresh veg, highly recommend we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Been wanting to have a meal at the Chef’s Table for a long time. It was worth the wait!!!
From the moment we walked through the door the service was fantastic.
The food was the best I’ve eaten in the UK for a long time. Every course was beautiful cooked and tasted amazing.
If you’ve not been then this place is a must if visiting Chester or you just want a great meal.