“Expensive and disappointing”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here with family the day after a race meeting. Although the table was overbooked we were not advised there would be a limited menu, if we had known we would have gone elsewhere. The food was okay but not as good as it has been in the past. The total bill for 6 adults and 1 child came close to £160 which seemed very expensive. Brilliant kids play area but don't think we will return for food in a hurry.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We recently visited the pub on Father's Day and were left disappointed. The food itself was beautiful but unfortunately the service was not. We had booked the table well in advance and paid a deposit but when we were shown to our table we were put right in front of the open door which was so drafty, my dad asked if we could be moved to be told no we are fully booked. My dad then asked if the door could be closed to then be told no were not allowed, so we all sat with out coats on shivering. The manager said he would put the fire on but by the time it was lite and got goin we were leaving. Another problem was my dad is coeliac and can be very ill with it, my dad asked if he could have the roast dinner with out the Yorkshire pudding would this make the meal GF the manager confirm with the chef and he said yes, so when we ordered he confirmed with the waitress 3 time this need to be GF yes she replied... how did it arrive? With the Yorkshire pudding. My dad refused it only for it to be returned to the kitchen and pudding to be taken off and returned back to my dad. Who the. Explained this would now be cross contaminated. So we had to eat our meals while he waited for his. Little things also didn't help like no crayons for the kids we asked 3 times and eventually I had to take my little girl with me to the manager to be told we've ran out?! On Father's Day when you have children in and a menu that allows you to colour. We had to ask for the bill several times I ended up goin to the bar for it to find the deposit hadn't been taken off so further waiting around for this to be sorted out. What should of been an enjoyable experience was not unfortunately.

1  Thank Mrs_beckett2014
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When the sun is shining there’s only one place to go for lunch or dinner with the kids and safe play area, secure and free parking. Really good new menu and loads of options, kids, vegetarians... We love this place!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is set in a beautiful location right on Chester Racecourse. Went here for our visit whilst staying in Chester and didn’t bother returning as thought for the quality of the food with all the added extras was a bit expensive as need to by extras in order to supplement meal so when added together did find it rather expensive in comparison to another local restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing evening food and staff were great, thank you very much will be back again very soon, we had 2 burgers and 2 curry’s the food is amazing and not bad price too