“Hit n miss”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sometimes the food is really good and sometimes you can tell its come straight from microwave The drink is cheap tho

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My granddaughter and I had a full breakfast on 2 occasions, both times they were cold, did not want to have them reheated in a microwave, informed the waiter who said, I should of told them we would of reheated them, informed him the same happened the week before, to which he replied sorry, won’t be using again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for food here with the wife Sunday night 18/4.Got drinks from the bar before Ordering food with drinks the place wasnt very full and not many eating Food arrived at table after about 10minutes,so good service.Thats when we found both meals had food missing a quick word with the waiter one meal sorted in minutes the other had to be made again so not ideal as we would have liked to have eaten together.A free drink was given on asking.Food in the end was good as was the pub and service.Would go again if in Chester

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We used this Wetherspoons pub for Breakfast and evening drinks whilst staying at the Chester Travelodge.

Breakfast was really well cooked and the morning staff friendly and efficient. On our fist evening visit all of the real ales were not available, due to a gas leak in the cellar. These things happen and there were signs on the bar to explain, so no problem.

On the second evening I casualty asked the barman if ALL of the ales were back on? he was quite sarcastic and said 'are the signs there? well they must be on'.

My daughter bought the drinks for the family without any issue. When I went to the bar again and I ordered, my daughter came with me to assist carrying. The same barmen who had served her earlier asked me for her ID (as she is 25 she was delighted) other people at the bar just shook their heads! that said I would rather people who are under age be checked. It was just a lack of consistency.

One sarcastic barman doesn't spoil a visit. The pub is clean and at the lower end of Wetherspons pricing.

We would return

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Staying in Chester and popped in for a fab Whetherspoons breakfast. Food was as you would expect tasty and well presented. Sadly only one of the coffee machines was working. Staff were doing their best by sorting the teas themselves. Fabulous price and we all left full ready for a day of exploring this wonderful city!