Reviews (2 078)
2 078 results
All reviews car park central location lovely hotel excellent location one way system cooked breakfast black pudding early hours reception staff city break evening meal hotel restaurant breakfast was excellent afternoon tea short break my birthday full english
10 - 15 of 2 078 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in with daughter for a cream tea, cake, scones tea or coffee. Directed to bar quite busy with guests just booked in. Only 1 staff member serving, gave our order which seemed to confuse staff. After the men at the bar were served she went to collect our order but only returned with pot of tea & pot of cold coffee, she disappeared so I had to go to reception to complain about coffee, this was eventually rectified with apologies, daughter found sugar & napkins on bar as these weren't brought to our table, we realised that this was becoming like a Fawlty Towers episode! With no sign of our scones & cakes I once again enquired at reception to be told that chef was preparing them, after a short time our waitress told us that no scones were available & chef would have to whip up another batch so would we like to wait until they were ready & have more hot drinks! Cakes were now ready at last so we decided just to have those, when they arrived they were very nice but no side plates were offered. Not bad for £7.50 each but service was appalling, I don't know if staff are trained at this hotel or if they just muddle along? The entrance is impressive but look carefully & see the shabbiness. May look better at night time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank josephine s
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your Cream Tea at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I am sorry we have not been able to meet your expectations on this occasion. This really is not our normal standard and I would love the opportunity to rebuild your confidence with Macdonald New Blossoms.

If you could contact me directly I would love the opportunity to discuss the experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is beautiful as you walk in, the stairs are a lovely feature and the decor is nice. The room we stayed in was very small as was the bathroom. A view of the air conditioning machines too. In the morning went for breakfast, which went from bad to worse. Ran out of orange juice, no side plates for toast, no butter, no glasses for a while. We waited over half an hour for our hot food..one breakfast and boiled eggs! We asked where it was, and it came out a minute later. The eggs were rock solid and inedible. On checking out, I told the very nice gentleman on reception about the shocking breakfast experience we had just received and I even said ‘I’m not one to complain’ as I’m not usually. However I felt it needed to be addressed. I was told he would look into it, nothing more. Such a shame because you pay a lot of money to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2018
4  Thank HannahC948
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here before. Not a great hotel, rooms very dated. Its clean and functional but could do with a facelift. I stayed here a few years back and it was pretty much the same. The restaurant is decent as was the breakfast. Parking here is a bit of a mare. Good look finding your way yo the jotel from the grovsner car park.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike J
GM_Blossoms, General Manager at Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Macdonald New Blossoms.

I really do appreciate your feedback, I can assure you we have an ongoing refurbishment plan in place at the hotel with almost £450,000 invested into the property over the last 12 months. Our plan is to continue to invest into the hotel to ensure our guest's expectations are not just met but exceeded.

Although we do have car parking onsite we do offer discounted parking however we have taken on board your comments in regards to the poor directions and will update these accordingly.

Once again thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel was a bit tired-looking and so was I when I arrived so I didn’t appreciate the ten minutes’ wait to check-in at the unmanned reception desk. The staff who did materialise were, to be fair, very pleasant but there either weren’t enough of them or they weren’t trained to use their time efficiently.

The room was clean and well-presented but the decor was a little well worn and the glazing wasn’t particularly soundproof.

Would’ve appreciated room service but that wasn’t available. The breakfast was very nice though.

The rate I paid was quite good but comparable with other Macdonald hotels I’ve stayed, that provided a better experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 186jonathan

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay and will investigate as to why the desk was not manned on arrival. I understand this must have been frustrating and can only assume that the staff member must have been assisting another guest.

We have an ongoing refurbishment programme as you can imagine this is rather costly and timely and all work must be prioritised. I hope you do choose to stay with us in the future as I would love for you to see the improvements made.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We were shocked to arrive at the hotel having paid for Bed, breakfast and evening meal to be told the restaurant was closed and later discovered it had been closed almost three weeks! We should have been informed before our arrival! We were told there were, 'small plates' of what I would describe as snacks costing around £5-8. The staff were apologetic but as this visit to Chester and this hotel was for a special occasion and I have a walking problem, having to go out for a meal ruined our short break. £50 was refunded which was almost the exact amount we paid at Chez Jules for a stunning meal. The hotel is clean and very comfortable. The chef did come out and apologise which we appreciated. The reception staff were very, very good and a bottle of wine was delivered to our room. The fault lies with management who should have informed us prior to arrival. We are hugely disappointed with the MacDonald group as our break was not as expected.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 591Sue21

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the four star rating your kind words regarding the staff will also be passed on, and I am sure they will be thrilled.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in regards to the dining options. We are in the process or reviewing our menus and restaurant concept and hope that this has not deterred you from returning in the future.

I am delighted the team were able to resolve this for you prior to check out and we hope to see you again soon.