All reviewssandstone trailcheshire plainthe pubpeckforton castlecheshire countrysidebelly porkbooked a tablesunday roastbeer gardenmashmy partnercooked to perfectionbar areaboth nightsevening mealfollowing morningone night stay
Reviewed 19 June 2018

A picturesque beautifully restored mill set in pleasant gardens. It was a lovely sunny day when we went and ate indoors but took our coffee into the Garden. Lovely relaxed atmosphere with walkers and their dogs outside enjoying a cool drink. Food good and staff very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Booked in for a special occasion,greeted well on arrival and sat us down very quickly..the first waitress was a little abrupt ☹️.Anyway shortly after we got another very pleasant young lady called Katie who was attentive and professional.The food was brought out quickly and was pretty good overall.decent selection of beers etc.excellent location and views.
The only down side for me was dogs are allowed in the dining area!!.in the bar area is fine as we have dogs ourselves but not in the dining area sorry no.
Yes I would recommend coming here

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I took my son for his birthday lunch, along with my daughter-in-law. As always it was busy as it was also Father's Day. Our table was waiting and our ordered drinks soon arrived. Fabulous choice of menu made choosing difficult but we couldn't fault any of the 3 courses that we greatly enjoyed. The service was attentive. There was just long enough between courses. The tables were not too close to each other. A fabulous Sunday late lunch experience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindypug
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Has a lovely meal here last night .. the lovely young girl waiting on couldn’t do enough for us and we all commmented how good she was ( don’t know her name sorry )
After reading some of the reviews I was worried the food would not be as good as normal . I was wrong it was all amazzing from the starters ... mains sea bass , lamb @ fillet steak to the wonderful desserts .
We will definitely be Bk !!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Having arrived slightly dishevelled after walking 18 miles, it was a delight to arrive her and flop onto bar stools. Friendly welcome from young lady at bar (recommended their champagne which, at £7.50 a glass, was both reasonably priced and good quality. We had a lovely room overlooking the valley with all mod cons and v tastefully decorated. V comfortable bed and good pillows. Late arriving for dinner reservation but no problem. Wife had fromage de chèvre en croute and I had belly pork with rhubarb. Both excellent. The filet steak I had was sublime and, again, reasonably priced and more than I could eat (ok- I did eat it). My wife’s Welsh lamb rump was also exceptional. Good selection of wines- many under £25. Super service throughout from young, friendly, engaging staff. A wonderful way to break our hike along the trail.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple