Reviews (2 832)
2 832 results
1 464
1 464
All reviews kings grill kings quarters train station waiting room queens hotel bucks fizz lovely hotel car park on arrival groupon deal city centre cocktail bar reception staff buffet breakfast one night stay lovely room hotel bar
73 - 78 of 2 832 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would not recommend having a meal in the Kings Grill restaurant the food was average and we received the worst service I’ve ever experienced! They were extremely slow and our starter even came before our drinks and that was slow ! The waitress never asked us once if we wanted more drinks and she was more interested in chatting away too customers about her self than clearing plates ! The main course was cold and pretty average for a nice hotel I expected a lot more as this was a treat for my friends birthday and we left very disappointed. The only good thing was the live music he was fantastic !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank girlracervr6
queendeputy, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear girlracervr6,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel.

I am so disappointed to hear your feedback following your meal in the restaurant, we typically receive glowing reviews regarding our food offering and service. I have spoken with the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef, and they too would like to extend their apologies and they have taken your comments on board for training and review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here before many years ago and it was in the queens section of the building which was lovely, this time we stayed in the kings. The room on first view looked nice but it soon showed signs of neglect. The window nets were filthy and you were presented with three rough cut blocks of wood, this was so you could prop the window open. The heating did not work but luckily we had a large hot pipe running from floor to ceiling which was boiling to the touch, the downside is you had zero control of the room temperature plus it made a loud running water bubbling sound all night. Breakfast was can only be discriped as dry and hard. It was a help yourself arrangement but had spent for to long under the heating lights, it was only 8.20 at the time and really busy so this surprised me. We had a good time in Chester but the room,food and £15 hotel parking was disappointing

Dear James A,

I am so sorry that you did not enjoyed your stay with us. If you have not already let us know of the room number of the issues mentioned in your feedback, could you please give the hotel a call so we can ensure all issues have been rectified.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights midweek. We booked a basic double room which on reflection was a big mistake. On checking in I enquired if it was a nice room and was assured that it was. We stayed in room 324 which was poor. The lighting was dim, the bath had been repainted and was starting to blister in a couple of places. However the biggest problem was the temperature, it was boiling despite the radiator being turned off with the thermostatic valve as the thick old heating pipes ran through the room. Also the heated towel rail in the bathroom was permanently on with the valve controls removed. There was also underfloor heating which cannot be controlled. The hotel is well located but there is a charge for the hotel car park which is a bit rich. On checking out I complained about the room particularly the temperature to which the reception expressed surprise as she didn’t think the heating was on in the hotel. Please don’t be put off the hotel by my experience as I am sure that we were a tad unlucky and that there are lots of decent rooms.

Dear RogarfromTown,

Thank you for taking the time to write with feedback of your recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel, and have taken your feedback to the departmental managers for review and improvement.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Don't waste your money £100 on a week night then, £10 to park your car room very small dirty windows haven't been cleaned since victorion times thick black mucus and dust it's disgusting bathroom is same size as a disabled toliet wouldn't recommend

1  Thank DANI s

Dear DANI s,

Thank you for taking the time to write with feedback following recent visit to our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations.

If you have not done so already, could I ask you to get in touch with a member of management with the room in which you stayed, so we can ensure all has been rectified.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

The Queen (Hallmark Hotel) in Chester would have received a better rating from me if it was not for the fact that the courtyard was noisy until late at night and there was a constant banging of pipes all night. Fortunately for us we brought earplugs. Other than that, the hotel is very lovely, with grand staircases and a wonderful courtyard. As far as the room and bathroom, they were adequate, but not great. Given that this is an old hotel, that is understandable. Just don't expect too much. For location, it can not be beat. It's directly across from the cities train station and a five minute walk into the shopping and business district. The shining star of the hotel is the restaurant. It would rate a five star in most places. From the excellent dinner and service to the wonderful breakfast, this is a real plus!

Room Tip: Get a room that DOES NOT face the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Michael1955-A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed most aspects of your time here, particularly in our restaurant. I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to exceed all of your expectations in regards to your room, and will take your feedback on board for future developments.