US$89
  • Restaurant
US$138
US$122
Doubletree
Ba Ba Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$104
ABode Chester(Chester)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$125
US$117
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Chester Court(Chester)
US$111
US$90
Priceline
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Alexandra Lodge Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$69
Reviews (2 556)
2 556 results
1 313
1 313
All reviewskings grillkings quarterstrain stationwaiting roomqueens hotelbucks fizzlovely hotelcar parkon arrivalgroupon dealcocktail barcity centrereception staffbuffet breakfaststayed here for one nightevening mealmy partner
206 - 211 of 2 556 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived about 2pm..They said room was ready.. Lights day didn't work on entrance to room..TV remote didn't work.. Room was very dusty bed was uncomfortable..The pictures on their website are nothing like the room we paid for.. Our view from the window was the carpark.. We've Stayed in four star hotels and less before and for £114 a night we were very disappointed with what we got.. Would definitely not recommend..

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
queendeputy, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at The Queen,

I am disappointed to see that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. If you have not already brought your feedback to the attention of one of the team, could you please send me a quick email (Louise.Turner@hallmarkhotels.co.uk) with the room in which you stayed, so I can ensure all issues are rectified.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A lovely Victorian Hotel with efficient and pleasant staff. The room was good and clean, as was the bathroom. The breakfast was good, But is a little expensive (bacon and eggs aren't really high-end cuisine after all). The hotel car park is very expensive, it's discounted for guests, but even so it's much cheaper to just park on the railway car park a short walk up the road, The railway standard charge is mush less than the Hotel's discounted rate!

1  Thank Martin C

Dear Martin C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Hallmark Hotel The Queen.
I am pleased you enjoyed most aspects of your stay however I appreciate your valued feedback of where we could improve our services.
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were scheduled to book in for 3pm,when we arrived at 3,We duly waited in line to check -in,the lobby was quite full with people hanging around with luggage,we got the key after checking-in and went to the room,however,the room was far from ready,the door was wedged open and the mattress which was stripped of bedding was leant against the wall.With such a crowd downstairs in the lobby,all seemingly with the same problem of waiting till the rooms were prepped.There was nothing to be done except wait,40 mins later and it was eventually ready for us.
First impressions last I'm afraid and at £80 for one night with no breakfast was a bit steep for the initial wait in the lobby.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear TonianXI,

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I spent £96 for my partner and I to spend a lovely evening in a beautiful hotel with raving reviews. The bed was so uncomfortable that I ended up making a nest of towels and blankets and sleeping on the floor. The mattress springs were stabbing me, and the mattress was rock solid.

I do feel like we must have got a bad room, as I've had another browse of the recent reviews and everyone has said their bed was comfortable - I guess we just got unlucky.

A few things needed a bit of TLC, the plug for the bath was falling apart, and there was a random piece of radiator next to the sink.

The staff cannot be faulted, they were all kind and helpful.

Dear kjd1801.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very disappointed and sorry to hear about your uncomfortable night sleep, as we want all our guests to enjoy a comfortable, peaceful night sleep with us. I do apologise that this was not the case, and if you have not brought this to the attention of the team already, could I ask you to please send me a quick email, with the room in which you stayed, so I can ensure that this mattress is changed immediately (Louise.Turner@hallmarkhotels.co.uk)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Such a luxurious hotel in the heart of Chester city centre, expensive but definitely worth the money!
Would recommend to anyone and the breakfast is all you can eat cooked breakfast and continental too!

Dear joey d,

Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review following your recent stay at The Queen. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendations!

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon.