Reviews (3 055)
3 055 results
2 172
2 172
All reviews simon radley restaurant la brasserie arkle bar michelin star restaurant turn down service thermal suite continental breakfast afternoon tea deluxe room beautiful hotel mini bar table service luxury hotel tasting menu special occasion on arrival car park
226 - 231 of 3 055 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

A proper old fashioned luxury hotel in the centre of Chester. I couldn't fault the general experience. We had a lovey room, and enjoyed a superb meal at the hotel's lovely Simon Radley resturant. The place is not cheap, so is very much a special treat destination. My personal dislike of the automatic additional

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Rhianwhit,

Thank you for taking the time to review on Trip Advisor, we are all pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay so much. Your feedback has been greatly valued and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to The Chester Grosvenor very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We were staying sunday 24th June and we were met at the reception desk by Rebecca Roberts Guest Relations Manager at The Grosvenor .She was superb with us and we had a tour of the hotel with her where she went into great detail about the history of The Grosvenor Hotel and explaining the pictures all around backed up by various dates.She is a great ambassador for the Grosvenor Hotel and was intrigued and interested when I explained that my mother worked as a silver service waitress at The Grosvenor before joining the wrens during the 2nd World War

Once again a big thank you to all the staff at The Grosvenor Hotel as it was our first visit and we look forward to returning in the near future

Kevin + Jean Brinksman

Warrington

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear BRINKO1953,

Thank you both for your kind review and it was a pleasure to welcome you both to The Chester Grosvenor. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much!

Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The hotel is nice....when we got there we were upgraded apparently, I think it was because we had trouble booking a meal on line the night before and ended up having to call them and even then it wasn't sorted....anyway we were in room 326, right at the end under the turret overlooking the clock, so quite special that way....nice room, but not sure its worth what we paid, not sure its actually 5 stars.....at the bay, drinks were 50ml standard, but no nuts or nibbles supplied, like I have found in other 5 star hotels......breakfast was continental so doesn't suit everyone, especially me as I a diabetic....

Room Tip: 326 to be overloonking the clock

Dear perth45,

Thank you for taking the time to review, we hope that you enjoyed the overall experience with us. Your feedback has been greatly valued and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We arrived at the hotel 23rd June and decided to use the Grosvenor car park, easy to find and if you park on the second floor you can walk straight in to the hotel and take the lift down to reception, so far really easy and straightforward. On our way down we bumped a very helpful concierge who took our cases and escorted us to reception. When we arrived at Reception about 4pm we were invited to sit down by another pleasant member of staff and greeted at the desk by Sophie, now I have to say Sophie is the most pleasant, friendly and helpful person I have ever had the pleasure to meet at check in! .. a credit to the Grosvenor. After a painless check in (they take £100 by the way to cover any extras which is refunded on checkout) Sophie showed us to our room.
Our room was an Executive room (248) which was spacious, modern and quiet, although at the back of the hotel and without a view (overlooks the car park) we didn't mind because it was so quiet. The bed was massive! plenty of sockets around and ample wardrobe space with an Iron, Ironing board, safe and umbrella? There was a comfy chair and a small sofa at the foot of the bed with a coffee table in front of the TV (and DVD recorder) cabinet, this was practically a mini suite. The bathroom was large and very well decorated, a little disappointed at the sight of a shower curtain however I was very happy at this point so didn't bother me too much. The bed was firm with soft pillows, my preference is the opposite way round but that's a personal thing. There is a stocked fridge and milk for the complimentary tea/coffee tray .. the milk is free but don't lose the bottle as they will charge for it. One very strange thing is that there is no socket where the kettle is situated? .. maybe this was one of those oversights when designing the room?.. either way we plugged the kettle in next to the desk.
We didn't dine in the hotel that night and opted for a local restaurant instead so I couldn't comment on this, before returning to our room we decided to pop in to the hotel bar for a drink, we had a cocktail each .. nice but expensive at over £10 each... on returning to our room there had been a turn down service, bottles of water by the bed, blinds closed and a tidy up (towels etc) .. a pleasant surprise.
Breakfast is a continental which is included within the cost of our stay, it's not buffet style as you have to order from the waiter/waitress, we decided to order the English breakfast which was small but ok (not the best I have had), we had fresh orange juice and coffee and we could of opted pastries if we wanted to from the continental side. The cost for the English is £9.50 each and there are other options such as Salmon etc.
Check out was until 12:00 ! (great) and again very straight forward, I was refunded the £100 less the breakfast and the cost of the hotel car park (£10.00), the ticket for the car park had been swiped so was ready to go whenever we were.
We spent the rest of the day walking around Chester and then decided to leave around 3pm.
If you read my previous reviews of the various hotels I have stayed in then you will see that I don't sugar coat anything at all, some may call me picky but I say it as I find it, when I pay good money to stay somewhere I expect good service and the room/food to reflect the price. On this occasion it was certainly the warmest welcome we have received and one of the best hotels we have had the pleasure to stay in, I will be coming back. … thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiet and our Executive room was wonderful.

Dear johnsh74,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a fab 5* review following your recent stay with us and we are thrilled to learn that the whole team played a part in making your stay such an enjoyable experience!

Please rest assured that your overall feedback has been greatly valued and we truly look forward to your return to The Chester Grosvenor.

Warmest regards,

Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

The hotel in general and our room were well appointed and the staff were friendly and helpful - no issues at all with these.

I fell foul of the web site where I booked our Superior double room, only to find that £60 extra was demanded on arrival (£20 per day) because my wife was accompanying me - not a great welcome experience! Stupidly, I thought that the web site price was for a double room but what's less obvious is that the price increases if there are two of you in a double room...

This morning I received an email saying that they may not have asked me about mini-bar usage on checkout and would I speak with them if this was the case. They did ask on checkout and I now have no idea whether or not they think I have cheated them. We only used the complimentary milk from the mini-bar fridge.

Despite its carefully crafted words, I found the mail offensive. I have stayed in quality hotels abroad many times and this is the first time that any hotel has felt it necessary to send out this kind of mail.

I have reflected my experience in the Service score below, other aspects of our service experience were very good.

In summary a nice 5* hotel whose processes feel more like those of a money grabbing 2* hotel, hence the 3* overall rating.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank Peter S

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent departure and thank you for your kind words in regards to the team and the room allocated to you. I am however saddened to learn that certain aspects of our service has indeed left you feeling disappointed, we truly hope that this will not deter you from returning to The Chester Grosvenor in the near future where we are keen to restore your faith.