“For once we had 4 great meals”

Lamb Hotel Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 113 Restaurants in Ely
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

stopped for coffee and stayed for lunch . all 4 meals were excellent and a great improvement on previous visits. clean table varied selection of sandwiches and all reasonably priced.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Stayed for a couple of nights. The pub is right in the centre of Ely about a mile from the station. The bed was comfortable and the towels were a very good size. Plenty of bedside lights but no overhead in the main part of the room. A good sized desk. Good wifi. Bathroom rather cramped and the shower is fixed and powerful making it difficult to set the temperature without getting soaked in the process with water at the wrong temperature. No sockets for charging phones by the beds. Free tea and coffee on the hostess tray. Breakfast was included and very good. Large selection of cooked options.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Went here on a Sunday evening. Food was okay but the service was a bit erratic even though it was not busy. Our drinks did not arrive until after our food, and I had to go in search of ketchup myself. I had chosen the Lamb because of its history but once inside you don't get the impression of being in a historic inn, like you do for example in The Eagle in Cambridge.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I wish staff were trained better generally on welcoming guests who have received offers off the vendors own site. You can stay at a five star hotel one weekend, or spot an incredible deal via the establishments own publicity, and go for it, you shouldn't be treated differently on either occasion, service should be service, I didn't make the offer. Arriving at the The lamb hotel, when announcing the offer, you felt the tone and service go down a notch, as it's not there personal wages that are being affected, you must wonder if it's a general vibe brought down from management level. If so then don't offer it. Now to be honest and completely fair, the food was really very tasty, we had two lamb shanks, a rib of beef and a half roaat chicken, all the meat was superbly cooked melting in the mouth and falling off the various bones, the vegetables were crisp with a bite, and the Yorkshires obviously homemade, could of done with a gravy boat but that's my preference, when presented with the Bill it still didn't include the discount, although we'd gone through this twice already, the waitress had to go to someone else who sorted it out, it felt a bit like you were the poor relation, at your brothers sublime wedding, Iam very capable of spending money, but if a bargain is there well, but you see!!! Iam annoyed at myself for justifying my acceptance of an offer made by the hotel themselves, they somehow made us feel a little grubby, great shame because we would have come back at full price, and the rooms looked lovely to if you felt like a very leisurely day, Great food, but don't make offers that you don't want to endorse, or train your staff to be slightly more receptive, a very polite request

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed 10/02/18, we were visiting Ely for a ghost hunt at Oliver Cromwells House. When I booked made sure it was OK that we were coming back at 2am. No problem at all. I booked the four poster room. On arrival the carpark was small and full, but there is a carpark a short walk away and that worked out to be free for us. Warm welcome on reception. We took our bags up, room was really nice, bathroom was awesome. Went to the bar and then ate in the restaurant. All very nice and accommodating, food was good and hot. Off we went on a ghost hunt! Getting back in wasn't an issue. My partner used the bathroom, switched on the light on the mirror by the sink and tripped most of the lights, effectively locking himself in the bathroom. Can't lie... I cried laughing. When he managed to get out, we settled down for the night.... Didn't take long to notice the high winds were throwing the hotel sign about... He had visions if a rusty sex swing in the loft, I think he was disappointed when I told him what it was. We slept reasonably well. Up for breakfast the next morning, about 9.15am. Found a table, got done juice and waited for the waitress.... 20 mins later, off he went to find one. She took the order, 15 Mins later the other waitress came to take our order... The food was once again hot and good. Check out was fast and friendly. Overall a good stay and we would stay again... But sit under the waitresses noses at breakfast.