“Good food, friendly service”
Review of The Chequers

The Chequers
Ranked #324 of 733 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Chequers Public House situated in the centre of the village of Cottenham six miles north of Cambridge. Recently renovated, The Chequers is a traditional free house pub with a bar and restaurant. In the bar we have a variety of cask ales including Adnams, locally brewed Fellows, plus guest ales together with a varied wine list to suit all pallets and pockets! We also feature Aspall cider, a range of lagers, spirits and soft drinks. The menu offers traditional favourites at an affordable price and roasts on Sundays.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for family lunch today (Bank Holiday Monday). Food includes Italian dishes (pizza, pasta, etc.) as well as some more traditional pub grub (gammon, steak, burgers). Service was speedy for a table of 7 and meals were all excellent. Two kids ate from the children's menu.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled upon The Chequers quite by accident on Easter Sunday, the only food available was pizza which made me slightly apprehensive but I was so wrong.

We both had a calzone, they looked massive, way too much for one person but oh my goodness full of flavour, so delicious we both managed to finish despite the huge portion size. Amazing quality well worth the money.

Also worth mentioning is the atmosphere, we were the only diners in the restaurant which would normally make me feel uneasy but I loved seeing the family sitting around the table eating their meal in full view of their customers and the rest of the staff behind the bar were so friendly.

Wish I was local I would happily eat here regularly.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

New owners have raised prices and changed menu. Food was ok but not much on the plate and very expensive. Won't be able to eat here often which is a shame as new owners are friendly and its my most local pub.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Finally a proper Italian place in Cambridge... Great Food and amazing pizzas for very honest price.
Friendly service and very clean place.
Since I have been there I am having pizza almost every week... if not there, to take away... I LOVE IT!!!
Thanks guys for bringing proper great pizza in Cambridge!!!
See you shortly.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Saw the mixed reviews but thought we’d give it a try. We live in the village and enjoyed The Chequers before it became an Italian. We weren’t disappointed! Fantastic meals all round - steak, pizzas and pasta. Beautifully cooked and very tasty! Will definitely be coming again.