“Daughter's 18th”
Review of Pint Shop

Pint Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Pint Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 753 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My daughter's food was served on a chipped plate, and the chips came in a chipped bowl.I asked for the plate to be replaced but was not. Offered free deserts which I declined and ask not to be charged for her maim meal, which was taken off the bill.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 124)

46 - 50 of 1 124 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We dined here on spec on A Sunday evening and were accommodated with a table. We had sharing starter of cured meats & cheese etc which was excellent. My daughter (11) chose chicken strips which were a bit overdone. My husband and I had a prawn cocktail each. The prawns were minute and we didn’t have many or a lot of sauce. I had chicken roast dinner which was lovely the meat was succulent and the roast potatoes were some of the nicest I’ve ever had. A very large portion also. My husband had a lamb flatbread which he said was tasty. The service can be rather sketchy. Nice venue. I would return as a treat as not the cheapest of restaurants.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

First visit to this very popular place. Staff welcoming and nice simple furniture/décor. Outside tables available for nice weather. Great selection of beers and gins. Loos are on 3rd or fourth floor so allow for a climb to get there!

Menu not extensive but very nice with something to please most palates. We were a group of 7 and so ordered a selection of starters and nibbles to share, Can recommend the bread with cider butter, fish pakoras, meat sticks, and biltong. We had a variety of mains including flat iron steak, pork belly, and lamb kebab. All were thoroughly enjoyed, along with sides of chips (popular), spring greens and carrots.

Well worth a visit if you get the chance.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I had lunch here on my birthday. Ed our waiter was particularly polite and helpful.
Good food and drinks.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Was really excited about trying pint shop for lunch as I always liked the look of it and menu looked great.
Ordered the whole sea bream with fennel and clementine salad. It arrived with ribbons of courgette with tiny pieces of fennel. I mentioned to the waitress that salad on menu was fennel and clementine
She took the plate away, returned and said ‘that is fennel and clementine’! When I said it wasn’t and that there was nothing clementine like on the plate she bizarrely returned with a side plate / saucer with some chopped up orange with pips still in it!
We were so shocked that this was the resolution offered to a complaint
Courgette was past it’s best, dry, unseasoned and undressed. Had it been listed on menu as it was served I would have ordered something else
For £18 it was a shocking plate of food.
Another waitress asked when we were paying how it was and when we told her our experience she simply said ‘I’ll let the kitchen know’
Food is definitely overpriced and promises much but does not deliver

Pintshop, Owner at Pint Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi Laoise.

I'm really sorry to heat about your meal. We'd love the opportunity to discuss this and put things right. Can you please drop me an email on rich@pintshop.co.uk so we can get in touch.

Thanks