Review Highlights
WSET Level 2 class

Mark was a great teacher and I really enjoyed the course. Would highly recommend to a relative... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
36lukeo
via mobile
Cambridgeshire Wine School

Best wine class ever, I really enjoyed Mark teaching and passionate about wine. Unlock the world of... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$22,90
from US$14,40
from US$22,20
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wset level different wines bottle of champagne new world wines very enjoyable evening an excellent teacher royal cambridge wine class italian wines grape varieties brew house blind tasting food pairings gift voucher great fun his passion
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our evening in central Cambridge being taken through 7 varied wines and cheeses being paired, along with the wider story behind both.

The night surpassed my expectations in regards of the quality of products served and the excellent hosting by Mark - the course tutor.

It was clear that Mark loves his subject. His enthusiasm, knowledge and humour made the evening go tremendously well.

If you are keen on learning more about the making of wine, the types, the areas where they come from and, of course, the impact of the partnering cheeses on your palette then give it a go.

In short, great fun, great value and a great way to learn more about good wine and cheese. Highly recommended.

markanstead, Owner at Cambridgeshire Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Ah thanks Chris for this glowing review. It was indeed a very good night and I hope to see you again at one of my other events or perhaps my 8-part evening class?

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I loved everything about the Italian wine tasting lunch. The wines, the food, the location, our host Mark's professionalism, knowledge and humour. Most of all, Mark's ability to educate us in just a few hours about how and why we pair certain wines and foods together and the amazing taste results that we got. Would highly recommend. I am looking forward to trying other wine tasting in the near future.

Hello Laurence. Wow, thanks so much for all the wonderful things you have said about the Saturday course 'A Taste of Italy'. I'm so glad you felt it gave you insight into Italian wines and also pairing food with wine. I look forward to seeing you again, perhaps on my more general 'Introduction to Wine' or 'France vs New World' Saturday wine courses? There is still lots more to discover.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

What a fantastic event! 5 hours, including a delicious lunch, tasting 13 excellent quality Italian wines. Mark, our host, was extremely knowledgeable and talked us through the wines in a very interesting and informative way. I've come out if knowing a lot more than when I went in, and I will definitely be signing up for additional experiences along the same lines. All topped off by being in the wonderful surroundings of a Cambridge college with a lunch time demo of how to whip the cork off a bottle of bubbly with a sword. Dinner parties will never be the same again.

Thanks sadams409 for this great review. I love to pack my Saturday courses with lots of fun wine tasting, but also a chance to enjoy the ambience of the college, have a look around and learn fun new skills. See you again soon on another day?

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Very down-to-earth explanations about how to taste and describe wine, so that you can find the perfect one in a supermarket isle. Quite casual with no hard sell on the longer courses or exams you can take.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Will be coming back for more tasting sessions for sure !

Very insightful & appealing. Would recommend to all levels not just people in the wine / bar industry.

Cheers Mark !