“Dinner”

Ranked #64 of 740 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sea Tree is an alternative fish bar offering traditional fish and chips alongside a menu of other fresh, healthy, sustainable and cooked to order seafood dishes, to eat in or takeaway. We buy our fish from Billingsgate Market to ensure we get the very best and freshest fish and change our menu depending on the season.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What should have been a simple fish and chips evening turned into a traditional disappointment fest of tasteless haddock, soggy calamari (yes we should have known) and bland rocky chips - best thing was the tartare - moved along to urban larder for good coffee and cheese toastie - mill road Thursday night - cest la vie

1  Thank Adriana S

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ate here on a whim on Saturday 23rd June having driven about 12 miles after getting a hankering for proper seafood/fish and chips and realising Royston (where I live) doesn't have anything to cater to that.

Have to say it was worth the journey!! Staff were friendly, welcoming and couldn't do enough to help - the food (I had the seafood linguine, my partner plaice and chips) was fantastic and reasonably priced (starters and main course plus drinks came to just under £35) - will definitely be visiting again!!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I live just over the road and have come here many time (and will again!). Best takeaway fish and chips I’ve had. Even better is their alternative food options like calamari and sea bass. Their dine in menu is also lovely. All that’s missing is a battered sausage!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We had lunch on Friday and it was delightful, though I can see from the images that there is often more choice - I did hear the lady say they were making a new menu. Anyway what we had was divine and very well cooked , would love to come every week.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I still recommend the fish stew; & saute calamari with garlic & parsley. The others enjoyed the tuna burger & the freshly fried fish & chips. Its reasonably priced compared to Cambridge restaurants. Plse note its a fish bar- fish & chips place. Service is quick. a good place to go if you want nice food & do not have much time.