“What a find!”
Review of Dulcedo Patisserie

Dulcedo Patisserie
Ranked #2 of 8 Bakeries in Cambridge
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Oh my God! I have never tasted something like this! Pistachio and cherry cake!
This place is a hidden gem!
I was working in that area just for the day and thought I give it a try - had an amazing sandwich and cappuccino. I did see all the cakes and macaroons, but I didn’t want to go that far, just because I was there for lunch. I started looking at the reviews and decided to try the cakes.. WOW! Best decision I made that day! Delicious is not enough to describe what I felt!
Only thing that I would recommend is to change the atmosphere - no music, a bit dull. Having all these beautiful cakes on display, you need to add a colour to the interior. I have seen this place before but it didn’t look attractive enough to get in, which now I regret!

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Great food and staff. Had a great beef sandwich in sourdough and cakes and pastries look incredible.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Went with a group of friends to taste the incredible beautiful looking and utterly delicious patisserie. It really is the best patisserie I have ever eaten and I have tasted the best in France, Italy, Vienna and other European cities. This is an absolute jewel of a place. Much thought has gone into its concept having spoken to the man behind the incredibly colourful, heavenly creations which are freshly made in his modest kitchen. He has a state of the art display counter which perfectly creates a montage of patisserie akin to an art gallery. I was spoilt for choice. The exquisitely coloured deliciously filled macaroons were melt in the mouth delights. With my friends we were given the opportunity to taste unbelievable works of art canapés which looked and tasted out of this world. The various canapés can be ordered for parties which is a serious consideration for me. I urge anyone in Cambridge or intending to visit Cambridge to make this a priority visit. Children would love to see such a beautiful display of heavenly delights. I had a matcha tea freshly made which was refreshing. My friends enjoyed excellent tasting coffees. The service is most friendly and welcoming. This is not an outrageously expensive patisserie.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Today I attended a private event at Dulcedo organised by the Cambridge Food and Wine Society.
We were all impressed by the warm welcome we received and with the superb quality of the food.
Everything is made fresh on the premises and our canapes were cooked as we arrived so that they were warm and delicious.
We had a very interesting demonstration by Andrew on how to make a Macaron and then we got to choose a pastry from the cabinet to have with our coffee.
These desserts are really special I had a coffee and chocolate mousse cake and my husband had a Rhubarb bomb. Each one is like a work of art.
The macarons are the best I've ever tasted.
This little gem of a cafe is just a stone's throw from the Botanical gardens and about 10 minutes from the railway station. It's well worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Just strolling from the station to the centre & we decided to pop in for a coffee break to be confronted by a special offer of coffee & patisserie. What an offer!!!
I can honestly say THE BEST patisserie I have ever had in my 65+ years.
4 of us so 4 selections from the stunning array; Green Apple, Mango, Summer Pudding & Double (or was it triple?) Chocolate. Absolutely amazing, all of them.
The coffee wasn't bad either.
If you are lucky enough to be in Cambridge do not miss this place.

Andrew H, Manager at Dulcedo Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thanks for your kind words, it really means a lot to us to know we are doing then right thing.