“Quick service”

72.China
Ranked #470 of 766 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My fav Chinese restaurant in town. Sichuan food quite authentic. Serves very quickly. Their hot pot is also worth a try

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We went in here on a trip to Cambridge and chose it mainly because there were many Chinese eating there and we thought that was good recommendation but unfortunately we weren’t that impressed. It was ‘ok’ but I have had far better Chinese meals in other places. If I lived in Cambridge I would not be going there again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

I went there with my malaysian friend yesterday for a meal. We ordered 2 starters and a main course with some rice, but everything was very oily and and cheap quality. We got fish sticks instead of crab in the soup. And I paid 45£. I will never go back!!! It was one of my worst experience in Cambridge

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank t_thd2015
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

After a long-day, I decided to treat myself with Chinese food, unfortunately, I did not enjoy my time.

I had prawns fried rice and it was tasteless— I had to add salt, soya and chili sauce to make up the dish.

The staff are everything but friendly, I felt that I did something wrong when I asked for chili sauce!!

They can do better.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank moeo54
Reviewed 29 June 2018

So happy I found this place. My wife is Chinese, and we travel to China fairly frequently, but miss Sichuan cuisine when in the UK as most "Chinese restaurants" just serve your typical Hong Kong Western "Chinese".

This restaurant's food tastes almost as good as in China.

It's obviously targeted towards Chinese students and tourists, so expect Chinese service (i.e., they won't pretend to like you or offer much in terms of advice), and you'll receive your food as and when it's ready.

The menu could probably be improved for Westerners though - my favourite noodles 酸辣粉 (Suan La Fen) is unappetisingly called something along the lines of "Hot and Spicy Potato Starch". Would also recommend the 担担面 (Dan Dan Mian, or SiChuan Style Noodles with Miced Pork in Chili Sauce on their menu) if you like ramen - this is much cheaper, but much better tasting than anything you'd find in a place like Wagamama. The 麻辣过桥米线 (Cross Bridge” Rice Mee in Spicy Soup) is amazing too, it's rice noodles so quite a nice change from typical ramen.

Strong recommendation would be the dry pot/wok - you pick 8 ingredients, and it tastes absolutely amazing. Would recommend fried tofu, black fungus, pork belly, fish ball, lotus root, potato, and anything else you like. This is very good value for money, and almost tastes as good as in Chongqing.

I suspect some of the bad reviews on here are from competitors faking bad reviews, as honestly this is one of the few incredible tasting Chinese restaurants I have found in the UK. Will 100% be visiting again, and trying to rope my family into trying some real Chinese for once.

Date of visit: June 2018