“Bang Average! ”

Add it.
Flipside Cocktail Club
Ranked #47 of 147 Nightlife in Bristol
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Being a great lover of cocktails I was chuffed to hear we would be meeting at this place for drinks one Saturday. We had an area pre booked which seemed to be all fine, the space is good inside, atmosphere is nice and they play great music. That’s about where it ends unfortunately. The cocktail list, as extensive and fancy as it may sound is way overpriced, the drinks are tiny, you need to order 2-3 at a time to avoid having to get straight back up to re order another. Most of the staff seem friendly and switched on, there was one particular barman with a clear chip on his shoulder about something - a terrible attitude which made ordering difficult, he even out right ignored me at one point and then passed me on to some other trainee staff member who had no idea what he was doing. I got a chuckle out of it as he was clearly making an effort to avoid serving me - I think he was just playing hard to get though, haha!
Drinks are ok, I’ve had nicer tasting cocktails and would prefer to go back to those other bars than here. They are served in tiny glasses and they quite literally pack the glass with ice and mound it over the top of the glass, some cocktails you are basically paying for a glass of tightly packed ice with a drizzle of liquor over the top and a big bunch of mint for looks!
Upstairs toilets weren’t in great sanitary condition and stank of sick.
I’d say check out some of the other cocktail bars first. I won’t be hurrying to go back and if I ever have to I’ll be taking out a small personal loan.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Well known cocktail bar in BS8. Extensive list of cocktails to choose from. I like to experiment but where on earth do you start? Lots of seating and outdoor space at the back. Bar staff friendly and helpful and would recommend a visit. Ideally during happy hour which I think ends at 7pm.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I went here with some friends. We had a rather rude bartender who was obviously drunk despite it only being 10pm.
The cocktails are nice but overpriced. What shocked me the most is usually when I go to a cocktail bar and they make too much in the shaker, they give you the rest in another glass. The bartender would pour the leftovers into another glass and then downed it. Seeing as the leftovers were bigger than our tiny cocktail glasses, we all felt a bit ripped off. No wonder he was drunk after doing that after each customer!!! Unprofessional. Shame as the atmosphere is so good in this bar but I probably won't return.

1  Thank Tilly H
Reviewed 17 April 2017

we pre booked afternoon tea at flipside through a hen party company, we had no idea what to expect on arrival. At first we were very shocked at the location, it certainly didn't look like they could do a good afternoon tea. When the tea came it looked amazing, we had a selection of 3 different sandwiches, warm fresh scones with jam and clotted cream, meringues and sponge cake. There was more than plenty to share between 4 of us. They offered about 4 to 5 different tea options and even changed 2 of the drinks to coffee. The barman kept checking if we wanted top ups of anything and was very attentive.

After our tea we had a cocktail making session, Dan the barman was very friendly and showed us lots of tricks to make cocktails. We had 3 cocktails and a shot included in our package, Our first cocktail was a Bellini made by the bride. We then had to pair up for the 2nd cocktail where we could make anything we liked from the extensive menu. The 3rd drink we could do the same again but we chose to have a group on and one of our party was allowed to make one for herself. The final drink was a shot which we got to make our own one. The cocktail making lasted about 2 hours and then we stayed for more drinks. The only issue we had was with another table being very loud, they were screaming and shouting whilst we were trying to make our drinks. I personally think the other barman should have asked them to quieten down or move to another table as the bar was pretty much empty.

The toilets in the bar were disgusting and stank, one toilet had no lock on the door and the other had a dirty toilet seat and very dirty.