“Slow service and lackadaisical staff ”
Review of The Steam Crane

The Steam Crane
Ranked #387 of 1 795 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Bar, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having two people on duty for an England World Cup match is a joke. 25 minute wait to get served with two clueless bar people bumbling about like they have all the time in the world.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

bought a wriggle deal for a veggie fry up as I thought that would be a good way to check them out. Really disappointing. The worst kind of veggie sausages (the mash potato ones with peas and carrots, which I think only meat eaters rate), half a toasted ciabbata (you know the cheap spongy textured ones you get from asda), a spoon of beans, ONE hashbrown :'( always the best bit, which was described as potato hash on the menu and I was probably too excited for what I got.

I think I would've been outraged if I'd paid the full price which is almost £9! I'm expecting some kind of gourmet fry up at that cost. Maybe they'd just run out, but Saturday morning is peak fry up time and as I was the only customer in there eating I think it should have been better.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to rendezvous at this pub. Highly decorated outside. Inside it is comfortable and casual. Good choice of beers available. Friendly bar staff.
There is a garden at the back. Food available but we did not eat there.
I would have awarded 4 stars but when l went to the toilets l was less than impressed. They needed some attention and proper cleaning. A pity

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Came here with my neighbours. Fantastic atmosphere, great food and drink. Cheap as well. I really recommend this place

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Have been recommended here and decided to give it a try.
The staff were very friendly and helped with the choice of menu. The seating was
Very different but a very relaxed atmosphere . To be honest we all enjoyed our
Meals and certainly Would not hesitate in returning.