“Amazing! ”

The Urban Standard
Ranked #152 of 1 850 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The Urban Standard is situated at 35 gloucester rd. Remembered by many Bristolians as a place to while away a misspent youth playing on the amusements it is now a stripped back 'industrial styled' bar & kitchen. Opened in January 2014. A 'local' bar offering quality food & drink all day & throughout the evening. As a bar and not a restaurant we do not take bookings.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Incredible food and such friendly staff. Atmosphere is friendly and inviting. I recommend the vegan mezze and mac and cheese! To die for! Cocktails are also amazing and two for one! Can’t wait to return.

1  Thank Ashley B

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Went in with a friend on a Wriggle deal and had a Mac cheese and pulled pork burger deal with fries and a soft drink. Very happy with the food, drink and service. Tasty and satisfying.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

There weren’t many people in when we arrived and we weren’t told there’d be a wait for food so we ordered.

We had the fried halloumi for starter, unfortunately it was more batter than cheese and tasted like mozzarella.

About 40mins after ordering our mains arrived. My partner’s burger was so dry, he told the waitress it wasn’t good, she blamed it on having to cook the burgers well-done to meet government guidelines.....I don’t think the government’s guidelines say to cook it until it’s dry......no other restaurants seem to cook their burgers until dry. The chef looked like he was panicking in the kitchen, my guess is that he simply forgot about it and overcooked it.

My braised beef was tasty but extremely salty. My advice would be to swap the fried onion rings for roasted shallots/onions, they’d suit the dish better.

Probably won’t bother eating here again, there’s plenty of other places nearby. Disappointing.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a bite to eat last night had the half rack of ribs a couple of beers then moved onto to two for one cocktails, everything was on point and reasonable priced.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Ordered the 'Dirty Fries', which were a good portion and quite tasty but VERY salty. So salty in fact my partner and I couldn't finish them and were downing water by the pint.

Nevertheless, nice bar at decent prices. Would visit again but would order something different.