“Very poor services ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Very poor bar services app orders take priority not good if your real ale drinker .this is now becoming a regular prober need more staff .

1  Thank xmv19
Kelvin M, Manager at Van Dyck Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

hi,

apologies on this visit. we try to cater to all our customers as efficiently as possible, but occasionally we get it wrong. hope to see you soon

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Typical Wetherspoons pub. Staff very good. Food and drinks prices good value. Food looked good. Gets very busy and noisy.

thanks for your review, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I was hungry and everywhere else was shut so I decided to give this place a go. It was empty apart from a few pensioners drinking beer at 10 in the morning. I secured a booth at the back and placed an order for eggs on toast. If you order a coffee, you get unlimited refills which I thought was great. Breakfast arrived- was really good, surprisingly. A large quantity of eggs (must have been 4 large, scrambled) on two slices of thick bloomer. Coffee was excellent too. I paid just under £4 for everything and I had 3 cups of coffee. I would definitely return again as the breakfast is excellent at really good prices. Staff were really pleasant and polite. The only negative was that the table was a bit sticky but it's not a big deal as I really enjoyed my breakfast.

thanks for your review, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We ordered 2 panini‘s and 2 bowls of chips for our teenagers, meals were perfectly fine for what they were and the staff were perfectly polite and friendly.

VanDyckManager, Manager at Van Dyck Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

hi,

thanks for your positive review, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I recently visited this establishment, where I generally come for a late evening beverage with a friend of mine, we had proceeded in eating some food, which was of satisfactory quality.

After our food I was having a conversation with my friend about the weeks events when I showed him a video of what I had encountered at work. With this a manager who had just walked past us from the kitchen had stopped at our table and said to my self "turn that down". When I informed the manager that it was customary to say please, he was rather agitated, I informed him that the volume was neither load or upsetting anybody but himself, clarified by the fact that nobody had raised any complaint and were indeed laughing at the manager for the uneccasry situation he had caused. When I informed the manager that he should perhaps attend a customer service course, I was asked to leave and informed I would never be served again.

In conclusion I like Wetherspoons low low prices... but I have been told it's now a no no no go.

Moral of the story, don't talk, or make noise in the fishponds Wetherspoons or Mr manager will bar you for life, he has the power!!!!

1  Thank Mario G
VanDyckManager, Manager at Van Dyck Forum, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

hi,

thanks for your version of the episode. we hope to see you soon.