“Staff good, food rubbish, pricing OTT”

Hy-Brasil Music Club
Ranked #586 of 1 795 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in during the week for a quiz and decided to take advantage of the accompanying discount on nachos. Big mistake. I ordered the chilli nachos with ni avo at 7pm, at 7:25 I was told there was no more chilli. There is literally no way it takes 25 minutes to check you have the required ingredients for the meal ordered. I was offered the regular nachos instead, and my meal was delivered to the table 5 minutes later.
A brown box containing slightly more tortilla chips than a regular packet of doritos, a spoonful of sour cream and about 6 small rings of chilli. Accompanying this was a sprinkle of cheese and a small amount of salsa. £7? I think not. Perched on top was a spoonful of guacamole that had been specifically not asked for. Upon tasting, it was overly dry and ultimately disappointing.
It's a real shame as the menu is nice (though pricey), the staff are genuine, nice and hard-working and the venue itself is great.
I would return to Hy-Brasil, but at present the only mythical aspect of this establishment is the curious absence of decent food at a decent price.

General Manager A, Manager at Hy-Brasil Music Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi DDRShaolin,

I must apologise for your food experience last Wednesday, we strive to give everybody a great experience but have fallen short here! I would really like to discuss this further and show you how good our food can be. If you could email me some contact details to enquiry@hybrasilmusicclub.com, I can get in contact with you personally and sort this out.

Thanks,
Harry Stirland

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for some food and a dance, we’re greeted by the lovely and very friendly ollie, my girlfriend is usually very indecisive and he was very helpful and managed to help her choose what to eat (she left stuffed and satisfied), we enjoyed great food, great live music and just an awesome night, the staff were great and added to the atmosphere hugely! Especially the general manager harry, had to buy the man a drink he was so much fun! Will be returning very soon for sure!

General Manager A, Manager at Hy-Brasil Music Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Hi Josh,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the team.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner with my partner and friend, service was phenomenal! felt very welcome and relaxed, great music, food was delicious and quick! (Handy it wasn't too busy, if it had taken longer I still wouldn't have minded) but best of all the general manager was incredible! Such a lovely human, catered to our every need with a great attitude and made sure our visit was perfect in every way. Thank you again Harry! Keep up the good work! Great location in the centre and the venue doesn't let it down!

Hi Ellie, Thanks for your review, I'll be sure to pass on your feed back to the general manager. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

place is massive and felt like we were the only ones in there
it was cold, not very well priced and couldn't really wait to leave.

General Manager A, Manager at Hy-Brasil Music Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank yoh Rmurray86 for your feedback. We will take it all into consideration.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Came across this place by chance and so pleased we did! Great food, great music and great atmosphere.
Staff all happy and helpful, can't fail to have fun.
Made our weekend!