“Review of Yo! Sushi - sushi school”

YO! Sushi - Cabot Circus Bristol
Ranked #723 of 1 831 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$19 - US$29
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 September 2018

This review is of the Sushi-making classes held at Bristol Yo! Sushi.
I was given this as a birthday gift by a family member recently and attended the Bristol branch of Yo! Sushi.
The experience was programmed to last around three hours, but actually took longer, owing to the wealth of information, demonstrations and general discussion among our group.
If you have not tried your hand at sushi-making, I cannot recommend these classes more highly - Richard, our "instructor", was a mine of information, about everything from the history of sushi to how to choose the best quality ingredients; the explanations were delivered with much humour, instructions were easy to follow, and the three+ hours seemed to pass in no time at all.
We were shown how to make various different types of sushi, and at the end, the types we had made were professionally cut up by Yo! sushi staff and boxed for us to take away - what could be better than having a large selection of delicious sushi to take home at the end? We were all given a "goody-bag" as well, containing a booklet summarising what we had learned, as well as our own sushi-rolling mats.
In summary, a fantastic gift experience for anyone who loves sushi.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I visit Yo Sushi very regularly (almost weekly) in another town, and it is always my favourite. So moving to Bristol I was very excited to visit this one. We made the trip into the city centre purely for Yo! - but was very disappointed.
The beef on the beef nigiri was cut so thick. In other chains it's been thin slices, that are very easy to chew. But here, the piece was so thick, my girlfriend actually almost choked trying to chew through the hard, fatty beef. I ordered the beef sashimi too, and the meat was so tough and thick, almost like a steak, and was very hard to chew. In other chains, again, they are thinner slices that are perfect for eating.
Such a shame as I love Yo Sushi as a chain a lot, but left feeling like I'd overpaid for what is usually a pleasant eating experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurant super quiet. Waited ten minutes at the door to be seated 4 members of staff came and looked at us standing there before walking away without a word. Finally we were seated and I immediately asked for water glasses. Pressed the button to order something and waited 20mIns to been seen. Plenty of entertainment watching one waiter fix his hair in the mirror and not wash his hands and the other speak to three other tables who pushed their buttons after us!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Everything was dead on!!
Great service!-we actually made some friends there!
The food was very very good for a chain restaurant and good selection for vegetarians!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Waitress forgot our drinks order and stood around doing nothing whilst there was less than 5 other groups in the restaurant. We were seated next to dirty plates when most of the other seating was available. The water dispensers we’re clearly dirty and gross. The food on the belt was past is display time and the fish smelt old and a bit rancid. This was on Sunday around 5pm not what expect from this sort of restaurant. Overall was very displeased and would highly recommend to avoid this restaurant. As a final farewell meal with my SO she dumped me because restaurant choice (jokes) but she was really pissed off and that was not fun to deal with...