Avon Gorge Hotel
US$94
Marriott Hotels
US$133
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$108
US$96
Reviews (1 078)
1 078 results
All reviewsclifton suspension bridgewhite liongreat view of the bridgelarge terraceterrace barlovely hotelstreet parkingthird floorhotel du vinstayed for one nightfamily roomfull englishlovely roomcooked breakfastweddingpermitrefurb
FilterAll languages
11 - 16 of 1 078 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed here a couple of times now visiting our daughter who studies in Bristol. This is one of the few dog friendly hotels with lots of good walking on the door step.

The hotel is being upgraded to a very high standard, the rooms are very comfortable with all of the modern comforts.

The staff are all really friendly and helpful, and made us and the dog more than welcome. Breakfast is great, very good quality, freshly cooked. Lunchtime vibe in the pub area is lively, food is quickly served and tasty.

Recommended, we will be back! Great value if you search for the best room rates

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted to leave my feedback about my recent stay last week. Great location, parking is as always a problem in Clifton Village, was disappointed as there was no parking available at the back of the hotel. Reception was always welcoming, was greeted by Susan very helpful lady. Look forward to returning when the refurbishment is complete.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helenrosedaisy
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed in the Avon Gorge a few times over the years but this is the first since major renovations began. I had a really pleasant stay . Staff were all very polite friendly and helpfull, reception particularly so.
I echo other reviewers comments about the rooms, stylish , comfortable and very dark. I found myself taking things into the bathroom which has proper lighting to read. Some kind of normal lighting option would be useful. Otherwise though my room, 225 was great, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and shower excellent ( I love the grapefruit shower gel).
I ate out in Clifton village but did have a drink in the lion bar. This has also been returned very nicely.
Breakfast was good as always. The granola and yoghurt pots are great and eggs Benedict delicious .
A comfortable stay for business and I will happily return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had some friends at university that all used to rave about the bar at the back of the Avon Gorge hotel and what a fantastic location it is. When I drove in to Bristol I crossed the Clifton suspension bridge and the views there are indeed spectacular. I had a room had an OK view although in reality it was of a garden a few trees and a small view of the river a few hundred feet below me. The description said Gorge View but it was not of the Gorge and I could not see the beautiful suspension bridge.

Generally it is people that make your stay special or problematic and I have to say that the girls at reception when I arrived were not particularly quick, not particularly attentive and lacking the kind of attention to detail that distinguishes the best hotels from the OK hotels.

I love the quirkiness and the lack of uniformity that old buildings have but I was put in the room that was almost impossible to find and was about as far from reception as you could get. The room was nicely appointed but in a recent refurb the whole hotel has been painted in a dark grey, almost graphite colour. With the low-level lighting I’m sure it is supposed to create a moody ambience but what actually did was make it feel very oppressive and as if they couldn’t afford proper lighting.

I ate next door in the Swan pub which on the other hand was much brighter and friendly and the food was pretty good.

When I went to check out there was nobody on reception at all I was stood for five minutes wondering how I could come and get someone to help me. When they did they were much better than the people who checked me in.

I think if you got the right room, with the right staff on the right day this could be a great place to stay. Please get some lightbulbs that are 60W or above too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I booked 3 rooms for myself and 2 Chinese business guests. I drive from.birm8ngham to the hotel to realise tgat the extensive work being done in the hotel meant the carpark was closed. I was told that it only had 6 spaces anyway. I booked the hotel because it did say parking at the hotel and didn't mention they were working on the hotel.

When I eventually parked on the correct side of the road and had paid my parking permit of £6.00 I checked in with my guests and was really disappointed that my room had a very small window looking out at a roof. My guests had the same and commented they needed to go out and get some light and fresh air.
The rooms very dark which was made worse by a very small window.

We went for a drink at the car next door which is connected to the hotel. It had a nice decor and the outside area has a lovely view of the bridge but because of the extensive work being done on the hotel made it an eye sore looking back at the hotel.

If I'd known abou the hotel upgrades I wouldn't of booked the hotel especially with my Chinese guests.

We didn't eat at the hotel as put off but had a lovely meal at the Spanish tapas restaurant a short walk away.

Please put on your website that there is extensive work going on so guests are not disapointed like I was.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business