DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre
US$111
US$105
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$118
US$108
Mercure
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$147
Travelocity
Reviews (1 856)
1 856 results
All reviewskiln restaurantdouble treeglass kilnwarm cookieswelcome cookieon arrivalcity centrelovely hoteltrain stationtemple meads stationreception staffgood sizebusiness tripbreakfast was excellentenjoyable staytwin roomcar park
FilterAll languages
8 - 13 of 1 856 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I like this Hilton over the Garden Inn. the rooms are plusher, beds more comfortable and feels overall, better quality. Free wifi is fast and reliable.
Only one downside I can see is that the bathrooms are on the small side.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for continuing to choose us for your hotel needs when visiting Bristol.

The Hilton Garden Inn is nice, I have stayed there myself, however they don't give a warm and delicious Cookie upon arrival. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding how comfortable you feel when you are staying with us.

I am sorry that you find our bathrooms a little on the small side. We have tried to ensure that the space that we have is used as efficiently as possible to provide everything that our guests would require. I am particularly pleased to read your comments regarding the wifi. Our new system is working very well and its great to read firsthand feedback from guests, like yourself.

I do hope that you will continue to see us as your first choice hotel when you're visiting Bristol. It would be lovely to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a twin room and kept bumping into each other. The room could do with a plug point by the bedside to charge mobile phones and a toilet brush to ensure that the toilet was left clean for the next incumbent.
The breakfast was fabulous and the staff at breakfast very helpful and kind.
Good checkout facilities

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us.

I am not too surprised to read your comments regarding the fabulous breakfast you enjoyed. We have a great team of very friendly people looking after our guests at breakfast. Also the variety (approx. 54 individual items) means there's a great selection of tasty treats available.

I am sorry to read that you weren't 100% happy with your room. There are 8 different sockets in the majority of our rooms, which should be plenty for charging phones and other items. There will not be a socket next to every bed though.

I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again, as we would love to be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great location 5 minutes walk from temple meads station...clean lovely hotel .very friendly staff...peaceful hotel we faced the church in queen suite...room cleaned daily ...10 minutes of that walk to centre bars and shops ...bus took 25 minutes to Clifton ..definitely come again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. Your review might be short and sweet but it is very much appreciated, as is your scoring your experience with top marks of 5/5.

I like it that your review focuses mainly on our location in relation to Bristol. We're in a very nice spot, as we're not right in the middle of one particular area but bordering several, meaning plenty of what Bristol has to offer, is just a short walk away.

Once again, a really big thank you for sharing your experience in an online review. I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon, as we would love to be able to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Damn! Finally a true four star hotel in Bristol! I stayed at the 3 Mercure hotels, Mariot and Novotel. This one is by far the best! Impeccably clean bathroom and amazingly friendly receptionist. They welcomed me with a cookie which was something i didn’t expect and as small as that was i felt special. For the first time i didn’t see any mould in the bathroom of all bristol hotels. From the outside it doesn’t look like a great hotel and i encourage the management to do something about the exterior but inside the hotel is truly 4 star hotel. Novotel was a true disappointment, mercure was ok but mediocre and mariot was stuck in the 80s.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank nikogeorgiev

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write up a review of your recent stay.

I am really pleased to read that you found our hotel to your liking, especially when compared to some of the other 4* hotels located in Bristol City centre. I like to think that we provide a great level of genuinely warm and friendly service...and a Cookie! When you stay at a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, anywhere around the world, you will always be offered one of our Cookies. It's a delicious treat that represents the warm welcome you will receive.

Hmm, the exterior of the hotel? Well, I would agree. The building was designed in the late 60s/early 70s and I don't think anyone could describe the appearance as "pretty". What I do think as one benefit of this is the reveal as you enter the building. Suddenly you are transported to a building with a completely different feel. It's a bit of a wow factor.

I do hope that you will continue to view us as your number one choice for accommodation when staying in Bristol. We would love to be able to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a one night stay and it was very, very good.

Bar some small maintenance issues, (the room could certainly do with a lick of paint and some sealant in the bathroom). The room was wonderful, reasonable spacious and clean, (cleanliness is usually my biggest complaint with the Hilton chain, yet, on this stay, no such issue).

Nevertheless, the room was solid with a lovely bathroom, and the best shower I have had in a Doubletree by a mile. Rain showers are the way forward for hotels.

Furthermore, the food and drinks were lovely, the Kiln restuarant has a lovely atmosphere partnered with great food. As well as this the lounge/bar was a great area to relax in, especially with Nik doing a grand job with the drinks.

Special thanks to Alexa, for her exceptional service and dealing with all of the specfic requests I had.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank OnlyTheHurf

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience of the hotel, in an online review.

It is great to read that despite a small maintenance issue, overall you had a really good stay with us. Your comments have been passed on to my Maintenance Manager for resolution. I would agree about the rain showers. They really are very relaxing to use.

I am really very pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience in our Kiln Restaurant and our Lounge Bar. I have passed on my thanks to Alexa and Nik in particular.

I do hope that you will be looking to return to Bristol in the near future. I would love to be able to welcome you back once again.