“I'd forgotten how great it is.”

Harvey Nichols Second Floor Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #88 of 1 831 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$26 - US$82
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on the top floor of Bristol’s boutique store, with commanding views of Quakers Friars, Harvey Nichols Second Floor Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious breakfast, light lunch, indulgent afternoon tea or sumptuous dinner. Boasting the very best in modern cooking, the freshest seasonal and local ingredients are used to offer a range of inspiring dishes – along with an extensive wine list to match. With a seated capacity of up to 12, The Second Floor Private Dining Room is perfect for intimate breakfasts, lunches, dinners and celebrations. Wine Masterclasses and private hire are also available. The Second Floor Bar, with its chic silver ceiling and long marbled bar, offers an elegant yet relaxed space and seasonally changing drinks list. Enjoy a unique selection of wines, Champagnes and mouth-watering cocktails designed by the Harvey Nichols Bar team along with a tempting bar menu.
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Lovely service, nice music, superb and really interesting cocktails, the barman is a genius. Divine Lamb sweetbreads, so tender, fabulous venison, pink and succulent, and the shaved fennel was amazing, this is the only restaurant where I could just order vegetable sides, they are tremendous. The delicate liquorice panna cotta was outstanding. I haven't been for a couple of years and clearly I'm an idiot.... what, was I thinking.... will be back again soon..... Just someone put a contrasting splash of dark colour against all the gold... would really make the decor work...

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Lovely cocktail but let down by the staff serving martinis in brandy glasses????
I had a proper glass - but people round about us had brandy glasses - I would have sent it straight back!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Following a delicious cocktail in the bar my two friends and I were shown to our table in the beautifully decorated dining room. The tables are spaciously positioned and the accoustics are excellent especially when the restaurant is full.

We opted for the 3 course set menu and were not disappointed. All 3 courses were excellent and the the food is definitely of fine dining quality. Before our starter we were served with a couple of entrees and a variety of fresh bread and butter at no additional cost.

With a bottle of reasonably priced crisp white wine I enjoyed a variety of different foods and flavours which included Hake for Starter, Duck Leg for my main course and Apple Mousse for dessert.

This restaurant has everything to offer with great dining - Excellent Service, Food and Ambience. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Gillia2013
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Called in for breakfast with my daughters. Only one other table occupied., so very quiet. One girl,serving. She took our order of coffee. Which was fine . Girls ordered scramble eggs on brioche with a side portion of bacon. I had brioche and jam. The eggs were awful., running with water or milk . Like baby food. Really underdone. Soaking the brioche. It was very bad. We waited for the girl to come back and ask how our food was. We would have sent it back. No sign of her. We waited and waited , they ate about a quarter of it. Finally a man appeared and we asked for the bill and told him we didn't enjoy the breakfast. He said he would take the 15per cent service charge off. Considering this was optional it was a joke! I told him we hadn't had any service so wasn't going to tip anyway! He eventually brought another bill and took off my daughters breakfasts. The girl said she had been running around like a headless chicken and that's why she hadn't come back to ask about our food. It was a crazy thing to say . The place was empty , and she lactually looked bored and uninterested. There are much nicer places to go to eat in the area. Give this a miss, really dreadful

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Went to HN for my birthday afternoon tea with great expectations for a high end store.
We were all sorely disappointed with it unfortunately.
We could not fault the waiting staff, but the food-especially the cakes - were inedible.
Sandwiches were ok, but not enough of them.
Scones were like small rock cakes and the sweet treats were disappointing. The carrot cake was dry and the icing was hard; Viennese Finger was dry, the "birthday" Fairy Cake was dry, however the glass of Lemon Posset was lovely.
We left most of the cakes as they did not seem to be fresh.
At £23 per head we expected much, much more than we got.
I have personally had afternoon tea in a few places and had much better quality served at a lesser price in some cases.
To add to the disappointment, we were all given a golden envelope as it was their 10th birthday celebration and we won 4 glasses of prosecco, We asked if we could claim these and have them with our tea - In my view not too much to ask as the bar is next door. We were told that we would have to go to the bar to have them after we had eaten. Surely something like this could accommodated.
Nothing like "customer is king" in this place. Will definitely not return and will not recommend to anyone I know.
Up your game Harvey Nichols if you want to encourage the average person into your store.
We're not all loaded with money, but would expect something extra special (or even edible!) in your restaurant even if we can't afford to buy from your store!

1  Thank MiiMii66