“Nearly the perfect Sunday lunch”
Review of Pasture

Pasture
Ranked #9 of 1 835 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$13 - US$66
Description: Pasture is celebration of fire-based cooking and incredible local ingredients. The in-house butchers handpick and prepare the very best meat from farms in the south west, and our chefs use it to cook beautiful, modern dishes. In a nutshell Pasture is glamorous and elegant, yet fun and bold. With slick, engaging service, top-quality food and a team whose knowledge
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Though the downstairs is rather unprepossessing the upstairs where the restaurant appears to be is a lovely airy space, perfect for a hot Sunday lunchtime. The welcome was very genuine and the service continued to be excellent throughout. Tables are well spaced out, all in all a fabulous space. However the food wasn’t quite up to all that. The main problem was the roast, which was fine in all respects except the heat of the items on the plate. The meat was already cold by the first mouthful and so were some of the veg, by contrast some other items like the potatoes were piping hot. It’s a shame as the tastes were fine and we had good starters, including a fine charred cauliflower dish. We didn’t try desserts but had fabulous pasturepomp gin and tonics and the Columbia Valley Syrah was as good a value wine I’ve had in a restaurant for many a while. Just a shame about the temperature of the main act.

1  Thank Steve D
Sam E, Owner at Pasture, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us for feedback; as we are a new restaurant we really do take our customers comments on-board as we strive for excellence. I do apologise regarding the temeperature of your roast and it will certainly be a matter I look into. Thank you for you compliments also, they are greatly appreciated.

I hope to see you again in Pasture

Kind regards

Sam

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Top five best meals of my life absolutely hands down, ordered a fillet steak that was cooked to perfection, and on the suggestion of the waiter I had the truffle chips, wow, mind blown. Dont miss the chance to eat at Pasture, you will fall deeply in love.

Sam E, Owner at Pasture, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you very much for such a fantastic review; I am absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your first experience with us! Feedback as lovely as yours really does mean the world to us, I hope to see you back again soon.

All the best

Sam

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Based on a friend's recommendation we hurried here for steak and were blown away by the quality of meat and sides. The next week we were back with some different friends and then back again for a family roast the following. For people who avoid repeat visits, this speaks volumes. Absolutely delightful and attentive staff, very pleasant ambiance and a most welcome addition to that end of town. Prices totally reasonable for the quality, the roast especially is of an unbeatable value/quality on the Bristol Sunday lunch scene.

1  Thank MCRX

Dear MCRX,

Thank you so much for leaving us such an incredible review! I am delighted you've enjoyed your visits to Pasture and I feedback like yours really does mean to world to us. We all hope to see you again soon! All the best

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I've tried virtually every steak house in central bristol and this one kicks them all into touch. Situated in what used to be the old Byzantium, Pasture is quite unique in its setting with a busy wine/cocktail bar downstairs with more than enough space to swing a cat in, then you wander up stairs to a relaxed fine dining steak house and truly it is fine dining. The waiters/waitress will come round and show you the fresh cuts of beef and discuss the steaks with you to allow you to make an informed choice and if you your hungry you can just go for a monster steak and share. The staff were knowledgeable, attentive and not arrogant which literally puts it head and shoulders above its competition. Don't take my word for it find out for yourself!!!!

Sam E, Owner at Pasture, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you ever so much for your generous review! I will pass on your lovely feedback to our staff who will be thrilled, I too am absolutely delighted you enjoyed your first experience of Pasture and hope it's the first of many more to come! All the best

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I've just had lunch with a friend. Two fillet steaks, bottle of Montelpulciano and dessert + coffee. First class waiter; friendly & efficient, a superb steak, I mean really superb. Then dessert, I wasn't expecting it to meet the same standard but it was outstanding. Coffee fantastic. You all deserve many medals! Thank you very much & see you again soon.

Sam E, Owner at Pasture, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I am so pleased that your first experience of Pasture was a good one! I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our staff who I know will all be delighted also. We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards