“Shocking customer service!!”
Review of Chims

Chims
Ranked #1 295 of 1 847 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 14 January 2015

Ordered food, collected and when I got home realised the order was incorrect. Rang them to explain this. Thought they would just correct it as any other establishment would. However the young girl was very abusive. I was so shocked. She told me never to come back!! Next thing she put her dad?! (Chef) on the phone. He was even worse. He just started shouting and being extremely rude and abusive. We had been customers of theres for 10 years! He accused me of ordering before and not collecting my order! Never in my life have I done this. Wonder if they mistook me for someone else? I just really can't understand why I was abused in this way. Never heard the like of it in my life and all because I asked if the would correct their mistake. I will add that I was polite throughout as I'm not the sort of person to tackle confrontation. Food has been going downhill for a few years now. Shame as it used to be good. There are plenty of other Chinese takeaways out there. I would avoid this one at all costs!!!

Date of visit: February 2014
5  Thank Stickman100

Reviewed 20 October 2014 via mobile

My local Chinese and I'm a regular customer. The menu has a good selection and is a reasonable price, as most meals include chips or plain rice. They do pretty good fish and chips and pea fritters too. Friendly staff and quick service.

1  Thank Trabimanuk
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was out shopping on Saturday and wanted Fish and Chips, this one has good parking ourside and is on the main road, it looks like a bog standard chinese, not overly appealing to the eye, but looks really are deceiving... The price is average for the area and I ordered Cod and Chips.
The fish batter was absolutely stunning, I haven't had as good in quite some time. The chips were very tasty, not too greasy and I quite honestly cannot say anything bad about my visit.
It was all cooked fresh and the lady behind the counter was friendly and polite, this really is a top class chip shop, I look forward to trying from the chinese menu the next time I'm nearby.

Date of visit: March 2014
1  Thank tracy80bristol
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Great little place this, food always good, pleasant staff and good value for money. The curry sauce, in particular, is yummy.

Well worth a try!

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank Gareth B
Reviewed 24 November 2012

It's pretty average, but it opens late, it's clean, the staff are friendly, and the prices are fair. Parking is ok in the evening, but not good at peek times.