other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

saraej
london
“Ok for a place to sleep....”
Reviewed 18 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

The apartment is absolutely lovely and I would stay here again. However, attention has been paid to aesthetics over practicality and useability. If you are looking at the apartment as merely a place to stay, then it's a good bet, however we found some issues with the place.
1. The key storage unit jammed and nearly took my nail off! I have an identical unit at home and so am familiar with how it works. However, this one got jammed over the dials and I ended up with quite a serious injury to my finger as a result.
2. The heating system looks incredibly simple and easy to use. However, whenever you change the temperature it only lasts for an hour or so then jumps back to its default setting. On several occasions the apartment was swelteringly hot - particularly through the night, and short of re-setting it every hour I couldn't find any other way to over ride it.
3. The kitchen equipment wasn't clean, and neither was the oven or grill pan. We cooked whilst we were there and had to wash everything before we used it - not ideal
4.the apartment has a water dispenser that dispenses hot and cold water. When making a cup of tea I struggled to turn it off. I eventually managed to stop the water just before the cup overflowed. I went to remove it and the hot water started again and wouldn't switch off. I ended up with hot water all over the kitchen, tea everywhere and a scald on my hand and my leg. It was pretty horrendous
5. No oven gloves. Not a problem if you're not planning to cook, but a bit difficult when you're trying to get a large dish of pasta bake out of the oven!
6. The staircase that leads up to the main bedroom is pretty hazardous. There is no bannister, the stairs are steep and slippy and going to the bathroom at night in slippers was pretty dangerous.
7. There was no DVD player. Again this isn't an issue if you are just using it as a place to sleep, but considering that we had planned to use the apartment as a "home from home" and had planned to have a film night - this was a problem for us!
8. It's not a 10 min walk from town - try 40 minutes!! It's pretty far out...,

Don't get me wrong - not everything was bad. The apartment was very modern and aesthetically very pleasing. It just wasn't practical. The staff put on some extras for us at my request, and they did a great job. I'd also definitely stay here again. It's just next time I'd use it just as a place to sleep as it's gorgeous but just not that functional as a "living space"

Management Response
20 Feb 2017
Hi Sara,

Thank you for your review. Even though you have pointed out some issues you had we are happy to hear that you would stay with us again and that you liked the apartment.

I have investigated each of the points you made and will address them separately.

Point 1- The keysafe- We have never had an issue with this keysafe before and so was really surprised when you brought this up. I do understand keysafes can be quite fiddly at times especially because they are outside and left to the elements, however this one is relatively new. I had a check myself and it is in working order and not jamming. Sorry that on your visit it was not easily opened. Why did you not mention this before at the meet and greet. We saw each other less than 10mins after your arrival.

Point 2- The heating system- As you have mentioned the system is super easy to use. It is a Nest wireless device connected to the boiler via WiFi. It is operated simply by turning the dial. It does seem however that on your visit the Wi-Fi was disconnected causing the device not to work as it should so the boiler went to its default settings. We apologise for this but as I'm sure you understand technology does not always work the way it should. The system is now back in working order and adjustments are easily made to the temperature with a simple turn of the dial.

Point 3- The kitchen equipment- I must disagree with you on this point. Our housekeepers are very through and always make sure that all kitchen equipment is clean. What you may have witnessed is normal wear and tear to be expected from items which are not brand new so very unfortunate you felt that way. I have personally gone through all the utensils, pots and pans, trays etc and can confidently say they are all clean and have a great many uses left in them.

Point 4- The water dispenser- We do enjoy offering our guests the little extras with our apartments. The filtered water dispenser is a great system. We have provided full and simple instructions on how it is used. I am sorry you found it difficult. We have never had a complaint about it before. I hope your hand and leg are OK.

Point 5- Oven Gloves- This was an oversight on our part and I can now confirm that oven gloves are now in the kitchen. Thank you for this feedback.

Point 6- The Staircase- I am disappointed to hear that you felt the staircase was 'hazardous'. Not only has no guest ever given us this feedback before but guests tend to like the staircase based on the fact that it is spacious and not steep as many other staircases can sometimes be. Admittedly it is not a 'regular/standard' staircase this is a luxury apartment after all but to say it is 'dangerous' is quite surprising to hear. It has a banister to hold made of glass panels and the stairs themselves are made of wood which I would not describe as 'slippy'.

Point 7- The DVD player- There is no DVD player in this apartment, true. But we do provide you with a very large screen, beautiful LG Curve smart 3D TV, a Virgin Tivo box, and free access to Netflix with lots of movies at your fingertips. We are sorry you could not watch movies although you had plenty of options.

Point 8- The Centre/Town- This is a matter of perspective I suppose depending on how central you are going. Bristol has quite a few areas which is classed as 'central'. A short 10 min drive by car or bus, yes, but definitely not a 10 min walk. Sorry if you thought our location was closer to town on foot.

I am very happy that you liked the extras we put on for you. We made a lot of effort to provide you and your guest with a lovely Birthday surprise at your request. We did not mind going the extra mile and are always happy to do so for our guests. When I met you 10mins after you arrived I specifically said if you have any issues at all please just give us a call and allow us to at least have a chance to sort anything you may not like out. You said, sure and that you were happy so it does sadden me to hear all the points you have mentioned above after not receiving any calls from you to report anything you needed help with.

We would love to have you stay with us again. However, if you found this apartment impractical maybe another one of our gorgeous apartments would suit you best.

Best Wishes,
Dee
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing