The apartment is absolutely lovely and I would stay here again. However, attention has been paid to aesthetics over practicality and useability. If you are looking at the apartment as merely a place to stay, then it's a good bet, however we found some issues with the place.
1. The key storage unit jammed and nearly took my nail off! I have an identical unit at home and so am familiar with how it works. However, this one got jammed over the dials and I ended up with quite a serious injury to my finger as a result.
2. The heating system looks incredibly simple and easy to use. However, whenever you change the temperature it only lasts for an hour or so then jumps back to its default setting. On several occasions the apartment was swelteringly hot - particularly through the night, and short of re-setting it every hour I couldn't find any other way to over ride it.
3. The kitchen equipment wasn't clean, and neither was the oven or grill pan. We cooked whilst we were there and had to wash everything before we used it - not ideal
4.the apartment has a water dispenser that dispenses hot and cold water. When making a cup of tea I struggled to turn it off. I eventually managed to stop the water just before the cup overflowed. I went to remove it and the hot water started again and wouldn't switch off. I ended up with hot water all over the kitchen, tea everywhere and a scald on my hand and my leg. It was pretty horrendous
5. No oven gloves. Not a problem if you're not planning to cook, but a bit difficult when you're trying to get a large dish of pasta bake out of the oven!
6. The staircase that leads up to the main bedroom is pretty hazardous. There is no bannister, the stairs are steep and slippy and going to the bathroom at night in slippers was pretty dangerous.
7. There was no DVD player. Again this isn't an issue if you are just using it as a place to sleep, but considering that we had planned to use the apartment as a "home from home" and had planned to have a film night - this was a problem for us!
8. It's not a 10 min walk from town - try 40 minutes!! It's pretty far out...,
Don't get me wrong - not everything was bad. The apartment was very modern and aesthetically very pleasing. It just wasn't practical. The staff put on some extras for us at my request, and they did a great job. I'd also definitely stay here again. It's just next time I'd use it just as a place to sleep as it's gorgeous but just not that functional as a "living space"