“Interesting, Informative, and Educational”

Haunted and Hidden Bristol Walking Tour
Ranked #18 of 57 Tours in Bristol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Advance bookings are required. Office Address: The Mill House, Bristol, BS1 6HH
Reviewed 29 June 2018

When I just came to Bristol, I heard about this Ghost Walk and was curious of what's it's all about. In my birthday this year, my in-laws gave me a treat of joining one of the walks with my husband and I really enjoyed it. It's nice to see some hidden places in Bristol, listening to the stories of the tour guide with a mixture of trivias, history, humour and spookiness. I always find it interesting knowing the history behind an old place or old structures with less seriousness so I really enjoyed the walk. Kudos to the tour guide and I will recommend this to any of my friends that have the same interests as me and new to Bristol.

Date of experience: April 2018
5  Thank Ann P
Searly208, Owner at Haunted and Hidden Bristol Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for taking her trouble to write
Really appreciated x

"enjoyable evening"
"great fun"
"different perspective"
in 2 reviews
"excellent value for money"
"any age"
in 14 reviews
"history"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

So many opinions on here so Id thought id give my thoughts having taken various cub packs on this walk.
Firstly to be fair its not advertised as a Ghost Walk but a mixture of lots of stuff....Haunted places, movie locations and some fun Bristol historical points as well. The guide was excellent with the packs i've taken out and his fun delivery help keep the boys attention throughout and also the tour length was ideal re our cub nights too. For just £3 per young person id say is a bargain night out.

Date of experience: May 2018
6  Thank bristolcubs177
Reviewed 27 June 2018

A party of 10 of us went on this Haunted and Hidden Bristol Walking Tour just recently. The host (John) was very professional, friendly and informative. We all live in Bristol and some of us love our history so we were very surprised and enjoyed learning more facts that we didn't already know. John has vast knowledge of the history and answered all our questions we had on the night.

This tour is excellent value for money, everyone in our party enjoyed it very much I would very much recommend it to friends, family and travellers coming to Bristol.

Date of experience: May 2018
5  Thank mariacollette63
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Brilliant, there is no other word for it. I have lived in Bristol all my life, and learnt so much that i never knew about my home city. Great for any age group x
I felt for the guy who ran it after reading the last comment, which i believe was unjust. Obviously wasnt his thing but think way he slated it says more about him than the walk itself.
Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank Kerry D
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have never previously left a review but feel compelled to do so following my surprise weekend away by my friends, whereby they purchased this tour presumably knowing my love of history. I've done the York ghost tour which was superb and I was expecting something similar. Sadly this tour was a complete disappointment.
The tour guide seemed a nice enough fellow, but turned up in a dirty t-shirt (the York guide got into character by dressing in top hat and tails), plus he doesn't have the charisma to hold you enthralled and tell a story with a 'ghostly' suspenseful ending - he just delivers the words bluntly and quickly. He throws in lots of lame Bristol jokes and waits for your laughter, I felt they were unnecessary but presumably this warms customers to him? A lot of detail on famous people and where they stayed, did, ate, etc which didn't interest me at all. Plus the 'ghostly' stories weren't that interesting either, his delivery just isn't right plus you can hardly hear the words - it just didn't work for me - so apologies to the guide and to my friends but this was truly an awful haunted/ghost tour.

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank lizzytinny
Searly208, Owner at Haunted and Hidden Bristol Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

The walk has always been advertised as Haunted and Hidden Bristol...a combination of haunted buildings, film locations & celebrity
tales and not just a Ghost Walk.

The reason I don't dress up like the York tour you mentioned is that Central Bristol on a Friday night is slightly different in many ways
to that of York, Bath and other smaller Cities and I have tried in the past dressing up each week I stopped due to the occasional problem with other groups passing through town being a little disruptive towards the group and myself when at certain locations.

The Bristol related famous people parts if the walk ie Cary Grant, Eddie Cochrane, Paul McCartney have always been in the tour since it started over 10 years ago and many people are interested in this part but I understand that you and others may not be.

I am sorry if you didn't enjoy the injected humour which is there to make it a less serious night and an icebreaker really, as we walk around.

I will look at my future delivery as you've suggested (thank you) and I am very sorry that you expected just a total ghost walk and not a tour combining many subjects as per my website.