“well what can I say other than fabulous service and food”
Review of Drake Manor Inn

Drake Manor Inn
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, welcoming 12th Century Inn. Food served daily, children and dogs welcome. Stylish self contained and B&B accommodation.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

10 of us visited on good Friday, we had a wide selection of meals, steaks, Chicken halibut, Duck specials, everything was wonderful. We then had a vast selection of deserts again amazing. thank you for the fantastic food and service.

Mandy R, Owner at Drake Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Its always a pleasure to serve you and your lovely family. I am so pleased your experience was up to the usual high standard. See you again soon I hope.
Best wishes Mandy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you are still hesitating as there's not a big number of review yet, don't!

It's your typical old school English pub with original décor and historical smell.

I had the days special - duck breast and my boyfriend had rib eye with peppercorn sauce.

The duck was absolutely amazing! Probably one of the best I have ever had! Although the presentation might be slightly messy at first sight, it was very well cooked! With nice mix of vegetables and sauce, it created a good balance of texture and flavours in mouth. The generous portion made it even better!

The rib eye was very very good too. Came with vegetables and nice chunky chips. But I enjoyed my duck so much that I didn't take a picture of it.

The service was fantastic too. The boy was very polite and attended to our table promptly.

Overall, definitely worth a visit and give their food a try!

Mandy R, Owner at Drake Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank-you, for your great review of your experience with us and I am pleased you have taken the time to tell others about your visit. The duck dish you chose is a really popular tasty dish. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards Mandy

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We have just returned from our fourth visit to Buckland Monachorum and each time we visit, we eat at the Drake Manor rather more often than is good for our waistlines! Stand out dishes from our latest trip include an excellent hake dish and a starter of mussels in a taxi green curry sauce, both from the specials board, chicken and chorizo pie, Cajun chicken breast with sweet potato fries and epic beer batter fish and chips. Lemon posset and sticky toffee pudding were our favourites from the pudding menu, but everything we ate was good.

The wine list looks good, but we can't get decent draught cider where we live, so I stuck to that, with Rosie's Pig becoming a favourite. My husband doesn't stray from the local Jail Ale.

The staff are always friendly and accommodating. The Drake Manor is a little gem.

Mandy R, Owner at Drake Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank-you for your lovely review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visits to us whilst holidaying in the village. Look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Friday evening meal for 5. 2 steaks, 1 chicken, 1 scampi and 1 fish and chips. All fantastic, not a scrap left. Great service too in a warm and cozy environment with great beer and nice wine. Definitely be back.

1  Thank MDAPlymouth
Mandy R, Owner at Drake Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank-you for your lovely review. So pleased you enjoyed your evening with us. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

First visit today and it will not be the last. Introduced to us by my son and highly recommended! Sunday lunch was like mother used to make! Roast beef was excellent followed by banana Eton mess...delicious! Lovely friendly welcome good service and fab food ....well that's worth going back for!

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience. Hope to see you again soon.