“Lovely cosy & characterful cottage”
Classic local architecture; the building dates from 1560.
Welcome to White Sheep....come on in and have a look The lovely West and South facing terrace surrounded by lavender roses and wisteria
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome to White Sheep....come on in and have a look
The sitting room seen from the garden
The sunny terrace
Sitting room opens on to the terrace
Gorgeous eat-in kitchen with inglenook fireplace, walk-in larder and all conceivable appliances
The dining room...low ceilinged, intimate, perfect for a special lunch or dinner
The comfy and sunny sitting room
.....with French windows to the terrace
An amazing curved oak wall between the hall and the kitchen
The West bedroom
The cute and cosy cabin-like twin....children adore it....but its comfy for adults too!
Chocolate-y highlights in the bright East bedroom
Even the bath and shower rooms have fabulous beams
Ground floor family bathroom with double-ended tub
The natural pond, a haven for wildlife
The charming old barn
Relax by the pond....
The Pictorial Meadow, a riot of colour May to November
The wildflower meadow
Apple blossom time....there are cherries, figs and all kinds of herbs too....help yourself!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SMG5360
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Lovely cosy & characterful cottage”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

This was a great place for our winter long weekend. Lovely cosy cottage, comfy beds and a great place to relax after a days walking. Good access and so many great places to explore in Suffolk.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 May 2014
So glad you enjoyed it....Suffolk can be addictive....
Andrew D
Swindon
“The whole cottage is beautiful, clean, warm and cozy..”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

We stayed at White Sheep cottage at the end of September having never visited this part of the county before, it turned out that Suffolk is a joy and so is the cottage, it was pretty amazing, it has a inglenook fireplace in the Kitchen (wow) alongside the tudor heritage which extends upstairs. The whole cottage is beautiful, clean, warm and cozy..

We are keen walkers and managed to wander around many local paths, I have never found such a crop of blackberries!

Liked best: Cleanliness
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 May 2014
Suffolk is a well-kept secret.....shhhhh!
dianebenn
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Delightful cottage in lovely village”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Once again a wonderful holiday in Peasenhall Suffolk. White sheep cottage is immaculately presented and had everything we needed, and more, to enable us to enjoy our weeks holiday and to leave feeling refreshed and relaxed. The garden was an absolute delight and we enjoyed some lovely early Autumn walks around the area.
The cottage is very well equipped, cooking in the kitchen a pleasure with everything you could need provided. The sofas/ beds are most comfortable.
Will definitely return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
6 May 2014
Thanks so much for your support - hope you'll come back again!
nicola_pe...
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent short break”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

We chose White Sheep Cottage for a weekend away from it all. We found it beautifully presented, comfortable, and ideally situated in the heart of Suffolk. We loved the garden, went for long walks, and returned to chill out on comfy sofas; and slept so well in the beautifully appointed bedrooms. So much nicer than staying in a hotel.

Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
11 Oct 2013
Thank you for choosing White Sheep; so glad you enjoyed your break. Come back soon!
Mark U
London, England, United Kingdom
“Not as good as our last stay. The cottage needs some tender love and care.”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We stayed at White Sheep in August 2012 and had a great time. However the owner had let standards slip and I'm afraid we can no longer recommend this cottage.

When we politely pointed out our concerns to the owner in writing we received a less than satisfactory reply. Simply a series of excused rather than any sort of apology. This is not good form.

In short the issues we encountered were as follows relating largely to cleanliness and tidiness:

1. We found the cottage much less clean than last time we stayed.

This included the following specific issues:

• glasses and crockery was not clean upon arrival.
• the cushions and rugs are looking very dirty.
• the floor in the kitchen and under the sofa were dirty and very dusty.
• the coffee table was overwhelmed with books and needs to be thinned out.
• the toilets and sinks and surrounding area were not particularly clean.
• the oven and stove had not been thoroughly cleaned.
• the BBQ was left unclean.

2. Notwithstanding us replenishing both the rinse aid and the salt, the dishwasher never seems to get things clean so much so that we didn't use it in the end.

3. The freezer was chock full of stuff. All drawers.

4. The kitchen drawers are chock full of stuff too and need to be thinned out. In general there are too many utensils.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
7 Oct 2013
I had last been at White Sheep Cottage up to 9 August, 2 weeks/2 other sets of guests before Mr U's party came to stay. When I left the cottage was in its usual immaculate state. I returned immediately after this party and found complete chaos. I had two hours of tidying and moving furniture, objects and kitchen equipment/utensils/books/toys etc back to their correct places before housekeeping could get in to clean and change bed linen.

I replied carefully to the complaints, pointing out:

a) that I had been there etc as stated above;

b)that the guests immediately before this party wrote the review on Trip Advisor immediately preceding this one, and had furthermore written to me on the 29 August to say, inter alia, "I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful our holiday at White Sheep was.......The cottage is delightful and you have made it so warm and welcoming, thank you so very much and we hope to return"......meanwhile writing in the Guest Book "A house can transform a holiday into a magical experience - our stay at White Sheep has been a delight";

c) that the cushion covers/rugs etc had all been laundered on 8/9 August, the cutlery and crockery drawers sorted and tidied, all furniture and objects at that point where they should be, magazines and books sorted, the garden immaculate. I also pointed out that the amount of crockery etc is exactly that recommended by a top-end Suffolk agency through whom I also let my cottage.

d) the freezer and dishwasher were simply not as described. The dishwasher was not cleaning because it was entirely devoid of both salt (I put in 3kg!) and Rinse Aid, of which it took three-quarters of a bottle....thereafter it worked perfectly. As to the freezer, someone had left it on fast freeze! Audibly so. the top drawer was therefore slightly iced up, though by no means full - just ice cube trays and ice blocks for the picnic box. The bottom drawer is labelled as mine and was indeed full, which I think is reasonable. The middle drawer was both empty and accessible......

e) I gently pointed out that this is a self-catering cottage, not a fully-staffed hotel. As is normal at the top end of the industry I ask guests to return everything to its original position and make sure that cutlery, crockery, pans, glasses etc are clean and put away. It is not the job of housekeeping to do these jobs, they simply don't have time.

f) I asked the complainants to give me time to respond fully as I thought it fair to ask Housekeeping for their response to the accusations that the cottage was dirty. This was not accepted - I received a demand that ALL the complaints, true/untrue, substantiated/unsubstantiated were accepted and apologized for. Trip Advisor was threatened if such apology was not immediately received. Quite honestly, I do not see why I should do that, and it makes me very cross when Trip Advisor is abused.

I do not know what Mr U's motive was in complaining so, although I can guess. I would like to promise guests that, as many many guests past, including Mrs R immediately before Mr U and four delightful Oxfordshire ladies since have found, White Sheep Cottage is indeed a magical place to have a holiday, and no more caring and committed an owner than myself can be imagined.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing