Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$20
Expedia.comUS$92
PricelineUS$83
StayForLongUS$99
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Well appointed rooms and quirky decor in the restaurant. Rooms all have huge king-size beds and are spacious and well appointed. Food in the restaurant is really good and well-priced. Atmosphere lends itself to long evenings and in this regard we missed a little pub area where pre or post-dinner conversation could continue after dinner.

10 minute drive from Greensleeves and close to Cradle of Humankind. Convenient mall right next door.

Highly receommended

Room tip: All rooms are good
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Just returned from our 3 night stay here, what a relaxing time. I highly recommend it, Frieda is fantastic. The art and quirkiness is so refreshing and different. Breakfast was yummy and everything tasted homemade. Our rooms with the pretty gardens was a perfect way to relax over Dec.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2017

From arrival onwards one is treated with kindness and by friendly and helpful people. At first I thought it is just 'an old house' but the restaurant surprised me and I was pleasantly surprised. The food is tasty and the portions of a decent size. From the burgers to the milk shakes I have seen looked amazing and all thoroughly enjoyed their meals. This restaurant really surprised me and I will go there again AND recommend it to all...Oh, and give the ladies' toiliet with the flowers and butterflies a visit! Don't judge this old book by its cover!!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thank Prof. Elain V
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Our first sight of The Rabbit Hole was after dark, so we didn't get the full view of the property until the next morning, when all the quirky, quaint, cute decor was on full display in the sunlight.

It is FUN. This is not a place you stay to rest your head, secure in the blandness of beige and straight lines. This is a place that has a zebra in wellies with a South African flag as a cape greet you as you drive in.

The only complaint I have is that we booked separate rooms for our kids and ourselves, and our kids room was MUCH nicer. I feel like, as teenagers, they don't need the extra dose of luxury that their parents paid for.

Our room, which was smaller, had a lovely skylight that looked like the moon after dark. I LOVED it.

The breakfast wasn't terribly awesome, but there was a hot breakfast available and cold items to tide you over while you waited for the cook.

There was also a house cat that came to visit us while we were eating - we loved the cat, even if it did walk away as soon as there were no more bits of bacon for it.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Had a need to trek from Jhb to Krugersdorp(an hour) for a meeting and had been told to try this quaint place. It gets 10 out of 10 for off the wall and different. It has both inside and out and it being a beautiful we decided to sit in the garden. Go check it out! Its a vibe.
Food was ok. Service a bit slow but maybe thats Krugersdorp.
Would I go again? Definitely. I wish we could test it one evening.

Date of stay: October 2017