“Good food”

Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Goodwood
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 7 November 2019

The biryani was very tasty and a nice size portion. A good amount of meat in biryani. The kebabs were ok, but portion size was small.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (83)

Reviewed 5 September 2019

Whow, this has got to be the best restaurant in Cape Town by far!! Not only is the food of outstanding quality, but the service also gets a much deserved 5 stars! As lovers of tandoori food we cannot resist this place and have been coming here for many years. We recently met Eddy the new Manager, who goes the extra mile to ensure that your dining experience is the best it could possibly be! Thank you Eddy, today Bukhara is better than ever - thanks to you!! See you soon, Cindy & Marete

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank white-shark-diving
Reviewed 29 August 2019

So I Decided to take a far distance family friend for dinner at Bukhara Grandwest shortly before we attended a movie at nu metro. I’ve been here many times before and always enjoyed myself.

I checked trip advisor before hand and saw ratings have gone up ( some of them, apart from show nights ) so I decided it’s a great idea to give it a try.

Well that was a terrible mistake.

Trip advisor’s price suggestions are incorrect firstly.
I paid R179 for a butter chicken with a Garlic Nan which tasted like melted butter and flour. ( I barely saw garlic) yet it Arrived at my table so crispy and cold, I had a lovely waiter and didn’t want to upset her by complaining as she already had to come back and tell me 3 out of the 4 wines I wanted to order are out of stock. I ordered an extra Nan to share , it was half the size of the first nan. R39 for something that was almost the size of a pancake.

Whilst dining I looked for a manager and nobody came to ask how my food is. My butter chicken was watery and tasted like something you buy at a supermarket . I can only assume there is new management or new chefs as food quality has definitely decreased.

Atmosphere in the restaurant is dull and definitely does not give you a feel of being in India. You barely hear music , you can see directly into the kitchen where chefs are on their cellphones and the ( I assume he was the kitchen manager) shouting so loud at staff in the kitchen it made it so unpleasant.

Myself and my family member didn’t even finish our food.

Very embarrassing. I really hope someone will do something about this.

I unfortunately don’t have my waiters name as she didn’t even have a name badge but she was absolutely lovely - so thank you for being the one positive thing in our experience.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 20 July 2019

We have been frequenting Bukhara GrandWest for the last few months and have recently met the new manager Eddie who has impressed us with his welcoming demeanor and fresh approach to customer service. The food is always great and the service is good. Our waitress Nicole was attentive and always greets us with a smile. No long waits for food and the quality is always great.
Will be back there soon

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 26 June 2019

My dad loves Bukhara so we reserved a Table for his birthday at the Bukhara in Grand West. As we arrived it appeared as though the restaurant was closed but saw the side door was open. Upon entry the restaurant was empty and the kitchen staff was cleaning. After having to repeat ourselves to 4 different people indicating that we have made a reservation and what time are they opening someone said the restaurant was not going to open that evening. Which was surprising considering we have made a reservation and per their Trading Hours at their entrance the restaurant is due to be open. The last individual managed to instead of just calling someone from the back and passing responsibility managed to assist us and tried calling the 3 restaurant managers after numerous attends the one lady answered. The Restaurant Manager was still in Grand West and appeared from the side door. We explained to her that we had made a reservation, but one of the kitchen staff indicated that the restaurant was not opening that evening. The restaurant manager became extremely defensive and first indicated that they are doing maintenance on the kitchen equipment upon which I reminded her that we had made a reservation and why did no one call us to indicate that the restaurant was not going to open. The restaurant manager continuously being defensive the story changed and she indicated that just 30 minutes prior they had a 3rd degree burn incident and she was trying to deal with that and with Grand West. Which I thought was very funny given that in 30 minutes you have dealt with the incident, arranged and spoken to Grand West and managed to get Burger King for supper. I indicated to the Restaurant Manager that I also work in the client facing Industry and I understand that some things are our of your control but all that she has been is defensive and she has not apologized to us at all for the fact that we have come all this way and no one has informed us. We have such fond memories at the Bukhara at Grand West and it was so disappointing and especially having to remind a Restaurant Manager how to work with their Customers. But like my dad said we will return to Bukhara but most definitely not the one in Grand West.

Date of visit: June 2019