“Superb birthday.”

Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Goodwood
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Wow wow wow! Service is absolutely outstanding!

The food is great however I find just a tad too much oil in the curries. But the manager was more than accommodating to rectify this! Once we had got to desert I was stuffed however tried a taste of my mothers cheesecake and it was delicious! Overall my experience was GREAT, however
My only problem was - I had accidentally ordered the incorrect meal for my father who was gambling at the time & my waitress went to rectify it with the chef, he blatantly IGNORED HER! She then went into the kitchen and asked and he still ignored her! Then another waiter came into the kitchen and said chef my customer and before I could hear the rest - the taller chef shouted so loud at both waiters that my family sitting under the arches at the first table heard it.

It just shocked me and I really think a owner/ shareholder should do something about this - it brings your whole restaurant down.

Date of visit: October 2018
Gayle T, General Manager at Bukhara GrandWest Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your birthday with us and had an awesome night. We do hope to see you again soon. . I do apologise for the action of our chefs and can assure you that this will not happen again. The matter has been attended to.

Kind regards

Management

Write a reviewReviews (83)

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Tourist visiting with family, service was excellent, waiter was extremely pleasant & patient, food was fantastically prepared, service was excellent, for an excellent Indian cuisine & a taste with a difference would definitely recommend to it to fellow mates.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Dharam B
Gayle T, General Manager at Bukhara GrandWest Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Dharan thank you so much for the lovely review. We are so happy that you had a good time with us. We do hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I, where in the mood for some good curry. The hubby is a curry guru as he loves cooking. It takes a really good curry to impress him.

Walking in to Bukhara, we were a bit sceptical as most curry houses cook with yoghurt or coconut milk as a key ingredient. Both, hubby and I are lactose intolerant, which makes eating curries cooked by most restaurants, inedible.

Upon entering, you are transported to the majestic Bangla's of India. With their majestic doors and dark wood interior, you may feel like a captured royal damsel waiting to be rescued by the hero of your Bollywood movie.

Along with the Mystical charm, I ordered the lamb shank whilst hubby opted for the lamb in chutney. Our meals were prepared to perfection. The shank was deliciously prepared in curry and served with a garlic paratha. Hubby's lamb curry was served with basmathi rice.

Only downside, like many restaurants in cape Town, there is no regular coca cola on the menu. Hubby had to opt for orange juice.

A bit pricey for curry, but overall a good experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Management response:Responded 29 July 2018

Hi there mystiq m,

Thank you for taking the time to send your constructive feedback of our Bukhara GrandWest Casino. We do appreciate it.

We hope to provide you and your husband with amazing Indian Cuisine again soon.

Kind regards,
Bukhara

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Bukhara is my husband's favourite restaurant, so it was a no-brainier to take him there for Father's Day. We decided to celebrate it with a dinner, so were at the restaurant on a Saturday night. We were very surprised to see how empty the restaurant was - GrandWest itself was buzzing + very full, but Bukhara had very few guests.
This could possibly be due to them pricing themselves too high, as they priced higher than most. We still really enjoyed the meal, the quality of the food was excellent and the waitress attentive. Our sons had butter chicken, a sure winner. I had a brinjal dish which was very tasty, and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his lamb curry.

Date of visit: June 2018
Gayle T, General Manager at Bukhara GrandWest Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. So glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you chose us to celebrate fathers day. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

kind regards

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We reserved a table at Bukhara several weeks in advance of the Dynamo show.
Our group of 4 arrived at 6:15pm and were promptly seated and handed the limited Showtime menu. When placing our drinks order we also tried to place our food order and was told by the waitress that there was no hurry. Drinks arrived approx 6:35pm and we then proceeded to place our food order. Despite several follow ups and plenty of assurances from the staff that our food would arrive in time for the show it never did! At 7:52pm there was still no sign of the food or any explanation from the staff! At this point we had to leave to make the show.
It is an absolute disgrace that a restaurant of this caliber can treat their customers this way. If the restaurant was having issues they should have notified us so we could make alternative food arrangements but instead the staff kept reassuring us that our food was on the way. We won’t be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Management response:Responded 24 May 2018

Dear Mavis,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Kindly send us an email to feedback@Bukhara.com with a copy of your review.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,