“Service needs more attention to detail”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Morgan Creek
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Surrey
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

My family and I had a nice evening and were able to take a small pause from these hard times. However I want to make a few suggestions for improvement. I did note in my online booking that this was a birthday and there was a specific allergy. Our waiter did not know of this already and had to ask us whether we were celebrating anything. The allergies were also not taken care of on uthe dessert. Third, there was a hair attached to the bottom of the straw in our sangria. Fortunately my mom had pulled out the straw before taking a sip, which is when we noticed. Our waiter apologized and took it back, though it was very odd how quickly the new sangria was brought to us. I hope the bartender didn’t send us the old one. Also the drink was not taken off the bill. Other restaurants have always done that for any inconveniences. We did not make a fuss since it is only 8 bucks but it would have been nice to see some level of care. If there is any main takeaway from this it is to pay attention to detail and actually read the notes in the bookings. Thank you for an overall good experience otherwise.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank AirA22
TheKegSteakhouse, Owner at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Morgan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi there,
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience, and understand there were some elements that could’ve been improved. We’d certainly like to follow up, and encourage you to email us at kegcommunity@kegrestaurants.com with these details and the location of your visit, so that we can connect directly.

Write a reviewReviews (302)

Reviewed 10 February 2021

Dining during pandemic is a bit challenging but thanks to new ways of getting our Keg Steak on our own home. We still missed the experience of dining in. Love their steak and ribs always!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 1 February 2021

Excellent meal and great service from our waiter Chris. However, when we were taken to our reserved table we were informed (by the hostess who took us to the table) that "it is our goal to turn the table over in 1 1/2 to 1/3/4 hours". We found this rather off-putting, as in "make sure you're out of here in the stated time or..."? Everyone knows that restaurants make money by turning over tables - the more the merrier (financially) - but telling us that before we've even sat down seemed a little over the top and not very welcoming.
We brought up our concern when we left (in a very friendly and positive way - "perhaps you might want to review your policy") to the front of house/greeting staff (we always give feedback if required, both positive and negative). One manager was very positive and thanked us for our feedback, however, another manager (name not noted unfortunately) was very confrontational and argumentative. More/improved training for FoH staff may be worthwhile.

Date of visit: January 2021
TheKegSteakhouse, Marketing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Morgan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2021

Hi Peter, we would like to ensure we follow up with you directly regarding your experience, and encourage you to email us at kegcommunity@kegrestaurants.com with the details and location of your visit, and a member of our team will be sure to be in touch directly.

Reviewed 5 October 2020

I had the chicken and ribs, so tender, a really great meal! And they did a good job of social distancing.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 9 June 2020 via mobile

My husband and I went with friends and this was my first time since restaurants opened. Aside from not knowing if people were smiling behind the masks, I throughly enjoyed the night out. The staff was welcoming and upbeat despite masks and seemed genuinely happy to have us back

The food was amazing as usual and I’m thrilled that we are able to go again!

See you soon!