“Beautiful restaurant”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Scotter
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For more information, to view our menus or BOOK ONLINE visit our website The White Swan is a privately owned and run small hotel and restaurant nestled between the historic City of Lincoln and the Humber Estuary. We offer you the perfect place to relax and unwind. We are ideally located for exploring Lincolnshire and the Humber, just 7 miles from the A15 and 11 miles from the M180, Junction 4. With Lincoln, Sheffield, Grimsby and Hull on our doorstep. The White Swan boasts an amazing history with images dating pre 1911. It still maintains the character and charm associated with a traditional coaching inn whilst internally, enjoys a modern transformation overlooking tranquil views of the River Eau.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for lunch last week for the first time. Ended up having 3 courses each and it was only £15 per head. It certainly wasn't £15/head food though! Great quality food, service was excellent, friendly staff. I can recommend the Riptide Rose they serve, very nice!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Attended a colleagues retirement meal here and the food was lovely, friendly and helpful staff too. Nothing was too much trouble.
My meal was served hot and good portion sizes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Five of our family booked for lunch drink service was very poor with waitress pouring a drink over my daughter and myself forgot my other daughter who birthday it was drink twice.
Starters were ok but wouldn't recommend the cauliflower done three ways two of the ways were raw sliced? .
Mains were two club sandwich, fish and chips, half chicken and cottage pie.
Club sandwich came with a fried egg ! , Fish and chips were great as was half chicken but the cottage pie was swimming in fat lots.
This wasn't eaten and was refunded but overall for that little special lunch was a let down.
There were only 2 other diners in restaurant so can't blame being busy.
Will not be rushing back.

MatthewHorsefield, General Manager at The White Swan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear martyn c

Thank you for taking you time to write your review on your visit to us at The White Swan,

I can not apologies enough for the issues you raised in regards to the drink being spilt or the drink missed off the table this is not acceptable and will be looked into further.

I am sorry to hear about the cottage pie having so much fat in it. I have spoken to the chef to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. I am disappointed to you hear about the Cauliflower Hash as it has really gone down well with many guests again I have spoken to the Chef to ensure that cauliflower 3 ways does have something more than 2 ways being raw.

If you could please ask you to contact me directly to reinstall your faith with us at The White Swan on manager@whiteswanscotter.com.

Best Regards
Matthew Horsefield

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked a works retirement meal for 50 people. We pre-ordered 2 and 3 course meals. The food was superb, everyone thoroughly enjoyed the standard and quality. Excellent customer service couldn’t fault anything. Fantastic night enjoyed by all, thank you to Ben and all the staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have visited several times and never disappoints.Good portion sizes,reasonable prices for mains,but I think starters are a touch expensive.

Young bar/waiting staff are very pleasant and polite.