“Best butter chicken!! ”
Review of The Indian Kitchen

The Indian Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Howick
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I live in central Auckland but will make the drive to Howick just for this place.
Not only is their butter chicken the best I have found but everything I have tried from their menu is amazing.
Their dishes are on the sweet side so if that’s what you look for in an Indian dish then this is the place for you.
Their garlic and naan bread is actually stuffed with cheese and they have a mint garlic and yoghurt sauce that is to die for!
If your looking for a new place to take your partner take a drive to howick you won’t regret it

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We were about to dine elsewhere until we were recommended The Indian Kitchen. What a find !

Whilst the interior is nothing special and service could possibly improve, the quality of the food would be hard to beat. I had lamb vindaloo, medium. Normally I would have it hot, but was glad I chose the softer option this time, as medium was certainly hot enough and the flavours of the spices amalgamated and did dances in my mouth. Fantastic.

The wine list is average, but BYO is allowed at a small cost.

This is a place I would return to in the blink of an eye and is thoroughly recommendable.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This is a great, well priced, great tasting takeway. Highly recommend it. However, not such a great place to eat in. The prices are higher (which is normal), but the place is rather dated, and there is a continued steam of customers coming in for the fab "takeaways".

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Chilli Gobi ChiliChicken, Tandoori Roti, Jalfrazi good Service and Best Indian Food In New Zealand So far...

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Best butter chicken I've had. The kids loved it too and the rice was super light and fluffy. They seemed very busy and we ordered by phone for our takeaways which took 30 minutes . Well worth the wait

1  Thank Bonza192