“Classy Thai and very popular locally”

Benjarong Thai Restaurant - Howick
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Howick
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We love Thai food especially food that comes on a sizzling platter. There is a large choice of items, a good wine list and the service is good. I had scallops and my husband had chicken with cashew nuts. Both excellent. The waiter returned frequently with water and we were not rushed to order but the food came quickly when we did. Not a cheap Thai place with mains about $30 but very pleasant and popular. We booked and went early at 6pm on a Saturday night but it was full by 7pm. A few people came in off the street and got a table but I suggest you book as it is in the main street of Howick and very popular with locals. My only suggestion is ask for less salt as I find all restaurants use more salt than I use normally.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here this weekend, very prompt service and attentive waitress. However slightly overpriced. $25 for Larb Gai I would expect to feel full for that price- was very yummy but I could have eaten twice as much!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Lovely reliable tasty fresh food always, we eat here regularly for dinner or lunch.
Great that it is BYO for wine.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Sorry but the food is very average for the high price tag. That's about it really. Not a good experience.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We have eaten at Benjarong Howick occasionally but several times over the years. While their pricing is on the high side, you do get what you pay for, which is food of the highest quality, of good volume, the flavours are to die for, and the service is first rate & friendly.

You can bring your own wine. Corkage is $5 per bottle, which is fair.
A thoroughly enjoyable meal.