All reviewscanadian rockiessized bathroomlake louisetruffle pigsyoho parktwo nightshiking trailslucrailwaymicrowaveaccommodationparkssofacanada
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife, mother in-law and I were scheduled to stay at the Canadian Rockies Inn for two nights earlier this week, but were forced to cancel due to a medical emergency which forced us to end our vacation several days early. Upon contacting the owner to discuss some type of refund, my wife was ignored, berated and yelled at by the owner of the establishment. The owner then proceeded to berate and yell at the employees of Booking.com who contacted him regarding our situation. In the end, we were refunded $35 of the ~$900 that we paid for our rooms. I could not be more disappointed by the rudeness of the manager that we have spoken with and would highly caution anyone considering staying at this establishment. This has been an absolute nightmare.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 28 November 2017

First, my basic standard is whether a place is clean and everything works as it should. Most hotels have at least some trouble with this. That wasn't the case here. Then I grade on a curve because you don't expect a Motel 6 to be a Marriott or a Marriott to be like a Motel 6. Again, high marks here. Luc, the owner, is a great guy who keeps a clean and nice place. Wifi was adequate. Refrigerator and coffee pot in room (could have used a microwave -- probably one of two "dings" I'll give the place). Baseboard heat struggled on a cold, snowy and windy day -- could use another baseboard or two or an auxiliary heater. I would stay here again. In many respects this place was nicer than many run of the mill chain hotel rooms.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank 6530bx4
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Stayed two nights in August, Accommodation is very limited in Field but the Inn was very comfortable. Has the look of a home built conversion to public accommodation, but all the facilities were as advertised. Room and bathroom both very spacious and clean. Field is an excellent base for exploring Southern Nat Parks - only 40 mins from Lake Louise, and Yoho Park on the doorstep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melbournetraveller84
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Our second stay at Luc's and it's a great location out of the hub of Lake Louise with great trail access. Not keen about stairs and entry steps with our luggage (traveling with gear for 15 days) - but the preferred downstairs room with the exterior private entry was already booked. Nice sized bathroom and exceptionally tidy and clean apartment. There's no close grocery (plan ahead). Sadly, The Siding Cafe no longer serves breakfast and has very limited hours of 11-6. Truffle Pigs serves breakfast now but we typically want to grab&go to get out on the trails.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SPARKLE S
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Using TripAdvisor and other sources, I specifically picked Field BC and the Canadian Rockies Inn for our base location during our four day visit here. The Canadian Rockies Inn was an excellent choice; very nice accommodations and Luc, the owner, was a very gracious host. Field is a vey small village but really a neat place adjacent to the Kicking Horse River, and of course, the Canadian Railway line. We were able to play golf in Golden, visit Waptaw Falls, Emerald Lake, Takakkaw Falls, Lake Louise and Banff during our four days, all of which were within easy driving distance. I recommend the Canadian Rockies Inn in Field if you are planning a visit to this area. This area has to have some of the most beautiful scenery in the world; we truly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple