“Fantastic Experience”

Browns Socialhouse Maple Ridge
Ranked #22 of 164 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

We stopped in tonight when visiting my Son in Maple Ridge. This was our first "dining in" experience since being locked down back in Ontario. I am so glad we stopped in as it was a great experience from the moment we stepped in. The dining room was not busy and the Covid-19 protocols were being strictly enforced and we felt very safe at all times. Our server Brooke was very attentive and brought our drinks very quickly. I tried the Stanley Park Amber Ale which was just delicious. For dinner I had the Butter Chicken which I have to say was one of the best I have ever had. Delicious rich buttery sauce with lots of chicken, jasmine rice and a healthy portion of NaAn bread. The homemade mango chutney was superb. My wife had the Beef Dip that was amazing, full of delicious lean roast beef on soft toasted baguette. The au jus was rich and flavourful and the Caesar Salad was crisp with just the right amount of garlicky, lemony dressing and real bacon crumbled on top.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (94)

Reviewed 23 December 2020

We come here for dining in and feel very safe as this restaurant met all COVID requirements. Servers are very friendly & efficient (PM-BAR62). Menu has gotten smaller especially the Happy Hour. So we don't come as often.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank sashakeena
Reviewed 11 November 2020

I phoned six times in the last few months and they put me on hold for 8 to 10 minutes each time. Good food, but I have given up ordering take out from them.
My friend recently phoned and they put her on hold for a long time. She finally gave up and hung up. The person answering the phone should take the order like most restaurants. Not pandemic pick up friendly.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 27 July 2020

COVID ready for dining in at Browns (e.g. contact ID#/ tables spaced out / staff with masks / hand sanitizer). Our server (Carly M.) did a great job ensuring things went well for our time at the restaurant. Tasty calamari and fish tacos with cold beverage went down well.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 30 May 2020

This location has re-opened after COVID-19 and are meeting all safety requirements. We enjoyed a tasty dinner while sitting outside on the covered patio. Our server (Sonya) did a great job ensuring that we had a good time. I loved my fish tacos, while my better half had tasty quesadilla plus few cool beverages!

Date of visit: May 2020