“Worst sushi ever!”

Shinobi Sushi
Ranked #5 of 199 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

So disappointed and angry at the same time. We thought we would give shinobi another chance and I really wished I didn’t. The miso soup tasted really bland and watered down, the fish did not taste fresh in my nigiri and rolls. My son couldn’t even finish his salmon roll, so I went to finish it off and noticed it was really fishy tasting and not fresh. Not even 10 mins later, I had to pull into the gas station so both my kids could use the bathroom because they had to go so bad. My stomach has been off as well. I really wish we would have gone to our other staple down the road !

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The place opens at 1130am and we were there at 1145am but still had to wait for a table. Food is seriously very good and worth the wait. Sashimi is very fresh and udon taste very original.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Staff is so friendly. Never mind the fresh seafood, quality sushi rolls, and the overall quality of the meals... the service is friendly, they are well staffed and that's why they are the best in town.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I haven’t visited Shinobi for a while and I won’t rush back. Unfortunately had to visit the washroom when we entered, it was not very clean and not pleasant at all. The restaurant itself was also not all that clean which always bothers me. The staff seemed busy but also seemed to ignore us when we were trying to get their attention. I hope they slow down enough to take care of the washrooms and give the place a very complete cleaning.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My sister and I often come here to enjoy a meal at a reasonable price. From the moment you are greeted as you walk in the door to the moment you leave, the service is friendly and timely. Hot menu items come to the table hot! (One of my measures of good service) The crowd in Shinobi are invariably a happy bunch, and the cheerful noise is infectious. The food is reliably good! Try it out! You will be glad you did.

1  Thank Di B