“Dîner with friends”
Review of Lola 45

Lola 45
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Description: Lola 45 , is a trendy Bistro, with a market cuisine that change every week, the wine list is crisp, fun and brings you everywhere on the planet !
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice diner with friends, people where very friendly and food was fantastic. Nice place to hang out before night life. Will come back for sure. Thanks to the staff for this special evening !!!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this restaurant , not only for the food, but the staff, the wine selection , the perfect ambiance . perfect placement on the rue principal .loved my experience at Lola 45 ..will definitely come back and will definitely recommend the restaurant to anyone passing through or visiting st - sauveur. The staff is great , and know their menu . They are greatly qualified to help with pairing your meal with a great wine . Definetly my top restaurant pick in St - sauveur . Good job to the owner David !

1  Thank Darkyse D
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Was quite excited to visit after reading reviews...3 out of the 5 dishes we ordered were satisfying (parmesan consumée, steak w/smoked cheese, crème brûlée). The others were misses, however...undercooked Brussels sprouts and an odd combo of beet purée and trout. Not a great average for the money spent. Otherwise nice atmosphere and decent service.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We were there on a Monday night, not the busiest night of the week, however the culinary experience was more than excellent.

First of word of caution, the website has not beed updated, but they changed their policy with regards to the weekly menu change. It is no longer available, as it was creating havoc in the kitchen (as explained to us but the waitress). Now you have access to an appetizer and a full course for 34$/person that will change regularly.

The service was excellent, the food more than memorable. I had the mushroom soup, with bacon and crumbs as the appetizer and the day pasta with duck. My wife had an apple cakelike appetizer along with the canneloni filled with rabbit. Both were extremely good, well served, on warm plate and bowl, hence the food stayed hot throughout the whole meal.

Wine was also perfect for what we ordered.

All in all a fantastic experience.

Nevertheless, the food was more than excellent

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We looked long and hard before picking a spot... this restaurant grabbed our eye with a promise of a regularly changing menu - surely a sign of a dynamic kitchen! We might have been a bit too eager as we arrive 15 mins before our reservation time. Polite, the hostess indicates that our designated table is in the process of paying so it should not be long.. hopeful we step beside the tiny door of this small restaurant... and spend the next 15 minutes being pushed around by other groups with same seating reservations arriving after us but being presented their table right away- larger groups, we figure it is fair until folks without reservations arrive and are offered ... the table the hostess had indicated as being ours! My non existent poker face attracts the attention of the Patron who comes over and asks me how we are doing... I explain, he offers an apéro.. gracious recovery I think... until he comes back to point out we were at fault for being early.. strange and rude. I take the apéro and sip in silence... a new table is set.. we are finally seated. We are offered a menu explanation.. well half a menu as other business calls. On return, Questions about the second half of the menu bring a few more words but barely. We order, still hopeful and are rewarded with very tasty and well presented food. Unfortunately the noise level is so high that we have to shout to talk to each other.. more akin to a dance club... but the food is good so we disregard the ringing in our ears. We make it to our second bottle of wine and have a third of the bottle left when the empty plates are taken away, efficiently and silently. We sip the remaining wine... waiting for someone to come back and ask about desert and coffee... no rush we suppose as we see other tables cleaning up and clearing out.. we finish the wine slowly... looking to make eye contact but nobody comes around.. 45 minutes pass and the Patron returns to ask about desert and coffee - I’m admittedly a bit short when I mention the 45 minute pause and get rewarded with a snappy rebuttal about leaving us alone to drink our wine. Obviously we were not in synch on intent. Highly disappointed and feeling a bit ruffled we pay the bill and head out annoyed. Maybe it was us not behaving to the Patron’s expectations.. I’ll never know because I will never go again!!! Choose with eyes wide open, arrive on time and be clear on your expectations of you go!

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Andre B
Dave8434, Propriétaire at Lola 45, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Cranky