“It had a great reputation but this was a disappointing visit...”

Le Steak Frites St. Paul
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Our party of four arrived at the restaurant which was about two-thirds full. We were quickly seated and our wines were rapidly uncorked. Our server was very knowledgeable about the various steaks offered and our orders were taken. Unfortunately the two steaks, cooked as requested were cold as was the iraccompanying sauces. My calmars were lukewarm while my wife's fish was perfect.Maybe they should rename the place 'Steak Frette'.
Upon complaining the offending steaks were rapidly re-heated and served and were good. Once the meal was finished we requested and received our bills in short order but but it took our server about 20 minutes to come to the table to process the credit cards. In the meantime the staff were setting tables for tomorrow's servings and sweeping up at the surrounding tables. I was surprised they didn't bring out the vacuum cleaner and ask us to raise our feet. This was at 9:45 PM, not late at night ,and was totally unprofessional. I understand that the staff want to go home but there are limits. We were going to come back with guests next week but now we are re-considering.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Went to Steak et frites last night with the boyfriend for a little dinner. It seems like our reservation was lost. No one attempted to help us until we tracked someone down to figure it out. Finally got seated. The food was terrible. I like my steak well done and I understand it’s hard to get it well done and juicy BUT this was just a bomb. I had to send it back twice When our server brought it back the second time it was like leather. At this point I didn’t want it. Our waitress Zoe handled the situation Impeccably. She apologized many times. I was disappointed that a manager didn’t come over to handle the situation but left his server to deal with it !!!! No accountability !! A big 10 for Zoe but a 2 for steak et frites

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Good food for most. One of my 12 guests received steak "ends" and this was quite a let down and a personally embarrassing moment. Wait staff was unfriendly and didn't improve the situation when given the chance! Too bad as I'm looking to organize another large party and truly hesitate based on this experience.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

this place is just perfect after a big day of activities in St sauveur, staff is friendly, the food is limited in choise but they have a good selection, plus you can bring your own wine and it s a all you can eat fries.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We went here on a Sunday night as part of a weekend stay in Saint-Sauveur. One reason we picked this place is because it's so close to the main street of shops and restaurants, making it easy to walk to. Contrary to some of the other reviews, we had very good service from the wait staff. Even though it was pretty quiet on the restaurant (there were about 4 other groups there with us), we had to waiters serving our table (perhaps they listened to past reviewers?). The steaks were cooked to order and the fries were delicious - well-seasoned and crispy. Although our waitress didn't tell us when we ordered that you can have all the fries you want, about halfway through our meal, she came by to ask if we wanted more. And she often came by to check up on us to see how our meal was, if we wanted more water and more.

So for us, it was a great dinner with great service. Definitely worth checking out.